My daughters caught something..and i know where from.

When mine are at their worst, especially with a high temp, I usually only wait an hour after the paracetamol before I give the Ibuprofen.

Just make sure you write the doses down and at what times they were given, so you dont get confused.

What I tend to do (both for myself and scoop jr) is take the ibuprofen and paracetamol together for the first dose, the alternate, starting with the paracetamol 4 hours after the first dose.

I do write it all down, otherwise i soon forget whats due when!

I am going to see about picking her up some ibruprofen today...thank you all for your advice its really really helped. Thank you

I am going to see about picking her up some ibruprofen today...thank you all for your advice its really really helped. Thank you

I'm not sure about calprofen but the one by nurofen has a sort of syringe thing that sticks into the bottle and you give the medicine from that. I always found that a lot easier than a spoon when ds was little.

:( its horrible she cant even sleep properly now due to the coughing fits theres so much phlegm and her nose is so blocked shes making noises every time she breathes...but i know if i take her to docs they'll do bugger a lexcept more calpol!!

If I didn't take my boy out just cos he had a cough or cold then he'd never go out! He is 16 mo and goes to nursery 3 days a week and since he was about 11 mo he's more or less had a constant cough/cold. It's a part of being a toddler and building up the immune system with some children. Life does not stop however much other parents might sneer at you

I try and avoid taking my daughter out when she is ill as I know how contagious kids illness's are.

But your kids need to build up their immune system.......that means having and getting over viruses. I know it's distressing when our young un's are poorly, but we cant wrap em in cotton wool, as me mam says! :)

Calpol now do a nasal spray for babies which I have found great with my little girl. She always gets a blocked nose with colds and as she sucks her thumb finds it almost impossible to breathe. It's been invaluable the last few nights

Well be careful guys we're coming down with it now - its basically a really BAD head cold

Well be careful guys we're coming down with it now - its basically a really BAD head cold

:suspect: Get better for Sunday woman! I cant coo over dogs on my own you know :lol:

Seriously, I hope you all get better soon :)

Im not too bad shud be fine for sunday - going to get come cold and flu capsules :D

But your kids need to build up their immune system.......that means having and getting over viruses. I know it's distressing when our young un's are poorly, but we cant wrap em in cotton wool, as me mam says! :)
I mean if she is really ill, like really sleepy and if she has been sick etc. She has a great immune system, considering she has not been ill since she was newborn but since she has become a toddler she seems to pick up things easy.

I mean if she is really ill, like really sleepy and if she has been sick etc. She has a great immune system, considering she has not been ill since she was newborn but since she has become a toddler she seems to pick up things easy.

My 3 were exactly the same, then when they started nursery.......

:gag::gag::gag: hehehehehe

It was one illness after another after another!

It was my doctor who told me that in order to build up a healthy immune system, it's a good thing for kids to get everything "doing the rounds".

Now I get miffed if mine DONT catch anything!!! :D