My daughters caught something..and i know where from.

thanks Gina gonna pick her some vapour rub up this afternoon shes so phlemy bess heer was fast asleep and had a horrible coughing fit. just want to help her.

You can also get a plug in for karvol, that I'm sure can be used from 2 months. Just check the box. We had this for our little one as she always seemed to have a blocked nose.

Hope she feels better soon.

Gina I did say on her back :). Ruby has been ill so much this past few week I could open my own chemist with all the stuff I have bought and got from doctors etc. Just waiting for chicken pox to top it all off. :roll:.

Been through this many times already because my lad picks up every bug going at nursery (including Chicken Pox, which didn't make him ill at all, just spotty). Vicks and Karvol are both good, the plug-ins too. Tixylix do one now too. Some Olbas Oil on the cot sheet also works a little. My doctor thinks ibuprofen is more effective than paracetamol solutions - and I tend to agree. Get a medicine dropper (like a syringe) because it makes less mess when the inevitable flinging of arms starts ;)

The best thing is to take your little one into a very steamy bathroom though and sit there for half an hour. Just remember to open the windows afterwards unless you want a mouldy bathroom ;)

You'll be next to catch it of course, that's the bad part.

We are giving her calpol when shes getting really bad but doctors told me to just give it her when shes really bad cause obviously it contains paracetomel and shes only 9 months.

There's no reason at all why your daugter shouln't have regular paracetamol to help her feel more comfortable while she's ill. Just be careful not to exceed the maximum dose.

Alternating with ibuprufen is a very good idea (ie give paracetamol, then give ibuprufen 3 hours later). Ibuprufen is very effective at treating a high temperature and a headache.

ever heard of cystic fibrosis?

maybe this child had cf and had absolutely nothing contagious to your child and they happened to pick up a bug from somewhere else????

ever heard of cystic fibrosis?

maybe this child had cf and had absolutely nothing contagious to your child and they happened to pick up a bug from somewhere else????

Woah. I dont want to come across as a complete b***h but Fallen is only a parent, ive once been around an ill child and suddenly my child has got a very similar bug and thought 'Ahh, the one who took her child out when it was ill'. People, will and do, think 'it was him/her' but theres no need to go off like that. :roll: Bit over the top and quite harsh imo.

Missflirt - I didnt even read your posts - I know ALL too well about Ruby :P I wasnt saying you did/nt say it :lol:

There's no reason at all why your daugter shouln't have regular paracetamol to help her feel more comfortable while she's ill. Just be careful not to exceed the maximum dose.

Alternating with ibuprufen is a very good idea (ie give paracetamol, then give ibuprufen 3 hours later). Ibuprufen is very effective at treating a high temperature and a headache.

When mine are at their worst, especially with a high temp, I usually only wait an hour after the paracetamol before I give the Ibuprofen.

Just make sure you write the doses down and at what times they were given, so you dont get confused.

No attack read what i put

"I'm frustrated that the parents TOOK THE CHILD OUT when he was obviously very ill and very contahious BUT i also know there could have been GENUINE reasons for them being out and so DONT WANT TO POINT THE FINGER"

Not pointing finger at busses or the parents

Asking generally if any other parents children have got the same bug and if theres any cough medicine i can give her, forgot to ask that in OP but only just popped in my head.

Cough medicines ar not supposed to be used by children under six now unless prescribed by you GP, I don't know why but when my dd got a really bad cough I went into 3 different pharmacies and asked advice on what the best cough medicine is for my daugheter age and was adviced that regulations have changed so theyre not suitable under six but that she could have glycerin but that it wasn't very good.

I try and avoid taking my daughter out when she is ill as I know how contagious kids illness's are.

Well update on my daughters health. Shes not doing fantastic bless her cotton socks, had to go get her some vaporub, which is really helping her breath. Shes really stuffy and you can hear her breathing cause of the phlegm, shes still got smiles but shes not her normal happy laid back self. She gave us a panic earlier by choking on a bit of drink or something and cause of the phlegm on her chest it sounded horrible and we were honestly really panicking.

My partners been getting a bit of a cough too so whatever it is IS contagious....i've had no sign of it *touch wood* but then again its always easier for the adults cause more medicine.

In regards to the cystic fibrosis post....i would have agreed with you had it not been for the parents talking to each other about how ill their poor little boy was.... (not to mention the snotty nose)

If it's her first bad cold then it can be really scary. Our lad ended up projectile vomiting after coughing and we had him up to the Children's Hospital! I should imagine they see a lot of new parents up there with babies with nothing more than a bad cold ;) The main thing is don't worry too much, keep treating her, and if she gets worse or has any other odd symptoms, then that's when to worry. Colds are horrible because they can't tell you what's wrong and they look so poorly. Mine had none before he started at nursery and then he's had about 4-5 a year, plus all the other things like Chicken Pox and stomach bugs.