My daughters caught something..and i know where from.

We were on the bus the other day and this poor little might was coughing his guts up, honestly i felt so sorry for him - but i also had this terrible feeling that it was going to pass onto my daughter.

Funnily enough my daughter started playing up last night. She has been crying and pushing us away for the past 24 hours but when we put her down she screams to come back to us. Shes got a really bad cough, is sneezing and is just so tired all the time.

We are giving her calpol when shes getting really bad but doctors told me to just give it her when shes really bad cause obviously it contains paracetomel and shes only 9 months.

I hate seeing her like this and it stings when she pushes me away cause i just want to cuddle her.

I'm so frustrated that the parents took the child out when he was obviously very ill and very contagious but i also know there could have been genuine reasons for them being out and so dont want to point finger.

Has anyone elses child had similar symptoms, sneezing, bad chesty cough, bad temper, fever?

perhaps we should ask people for a certificate of health before we allow them on the bus .... >>suspects another veiled attack on bus services<<

No attack read what i put

"I'm frustrated that the parents TOOK THE CHILD OUT when he was obviously very ill and very contahious BUT i also know there could have been GENUINE reasons for them being out and so DONT WANT TO POINT THE FINGER"

Not pointing finger at busses or the parents

Asking generally if any other parents children have got the same bug and if theres any cough medicine i can give her, forgot to ask that in OP but only just popped in my head.

I know your frustration, i dont have any kids but it would annoy me too, fair enough if they took little kid to doctors but mum/dad might have wanted to go shopping instead of keeping kid in warm :(

Thats what i thought, im guilty of taking my daughter out when shes getting over a cold but this kid was literally coughing his lungs up i mean it had to have been hurting him, but they could have been on their way to Childrens hospital.

Advice is generally to let the bug air out so keep a window open or take your child out for a short period of time unless its extremely contagious...im not taking my daughter anywhere until i see some improvements, it might suck staying indoors but my partner and i can take it in turns lol.

Both mine (ds nearly 3 and dd 5 months) have had something similar although no temperature. There's nothing you can do really other than give calpol or try nurofen. DS isn't too bad when he gets ill now but he used to get really high temperatures (over 40 degrees sometimes). Nurofen seemed to work better for him.

I think doctors generaly say that cough medicines aren't useful. Surpressing a cough doesn't help you get better. If she still has the cough in a few days or she's coughing up and it's green (yuk!) then maybe see the doctor or ring NHS direct for advice.

Hope she's better soon.

Yes Ruby has been ill with various ailments for the past 5 weeks. She has had medinol prescribed by the docs, calpol bought by me when medinol had run out and got some benylin chesty coughs for children. I feel like a chemist atm.

She seems a little better today mood and temp wise but shes still got a terrible cough and snotty nose lol. just hated seeing her how she was yesterday she didnt want us at all and then she did like she couldnt make up her mind.

Ruby does that when she's ill. It's because they hurt and don't know if they want hugs or to be left alone. The best thing to do is let her come to you. Because she will. Just keep wiping her nose and get some chesty coughs benylin for kids. I got it from the local Premier near my nan's. It really is amazing and helps. Also if you have vicks, try putting her a smear on her back, or put it in a bowl of hot water I think it is, under the cot so the steam vaporises into the room and clears her nose. Not sure if she is allowed it at her age though. But someone on here may know.

Shes only 9 months is she allowed it :/ I thought bout Vix its amazing stuff but again i dont know if shes allowed :(

Any vapour rub wont harm her or any child unless they have got a skin infection/reaction. Dont put loads on, but a small amount just on the end of your finger. Also, theres some little capsules you can buy (and no I cannot remember the name lol) but they help clear the airways, you cut the end off them and dab them onto a muslin square/face cloth and tie one or two on the bars of the cot. Oh and dont put vicks on her chest, put it on her back. :)

Karvol! The little things are called Karvol. about £2.50 for 8 capsules :)