Looking after young children when the adult had ADHD, autism and dyspraxia.

Hi, looking for some advice please and apologies if posted to wrong section??

After trawling the internet i am still looking for answers to my questions.

Do you think or can anyone show me evidence as to whether a young adult ( aged 21) be responsible enough to look after 1 year old unsupervised.

The adult has ADHD, autism and dyspraxia. The person has shown, physical violence, emotional and mental abuse to his partner, he is very erratic and recently wrote of a car due to speeding.

I am looking for evidence to suggest that this person be not granted access to child unsupervised and have genuine for the childs saftey.

Any help or advice would be much appriciated asap as decision to be made friday by judge in court.

Many thanks

Do you think or can anyone show me evidence as to whether a young adult ( aged 21) be responsible enough to look after 1 year old unsupervised.

The adult has ADHD, autism and dyspraxia. The person has shown, physical violence, emotional and mental abuse to his partner, he is very erratic and recently wrote of a car due to speeding.

I am looking for evidence to suggest that this person be not granted access to child unsupervised and have genuine for the childs saftey.

Any help or advice would be much appriciated asap as decision to be made friday by judge in court.

Many thanks

Someone in my family has mental health problems she was 21 when she had her son.

He was put up for adoption one of the reasons im not allowed to divulge.Not to do with her but someone connected to her.

The other reason being her and her partner the babies dad. Where both violant towards each other and aggresive. They both had records with the police and eventually showed that they could not give him the life he needed and deserved.

The lad was adopted , he is about 5 now and I miss the fact he never had a chance to be in our lifes.

They won't stop him seeing the child straight away like that. Believe me it is a long drawn process the person in my family had 3 chances off social services.

And never proved they where capable of being able to provide a clean and warm loving enviroment for him.

Just having a particular disorder, or several, does not automatically mean that you could not look after a child adequately. I would suggest that you seek the advice of a solicitor as to how you might ask the court to order psychological assessments and assessments of parenting ability of the person you are concerned about.

Many thanks

Perhaps you could ring the NSPCC and ask for advice. Amyvictoria is correct that this mans conditions don't neccesarily mean he wouldn't be fit to look after a child, but the history of violence, emotional cruelty alongside the ADHD, autism and dypraxia suggests that you do have geniune concerns.

Would he be in sole charge of the baby? Does he have a mother or other relative who'd be there?

Good luck, but don't hang about, Friday isn't far away.

We had this problem my sister in law was same, she was not right and ended up having her boy adopted.

Someone in my family has mental health problems she was 21 when she had her son.

He was put up for adoption one of the reasons im not allowed to divulge.Not to do with her but someone connected to her.

The other reason being her and her partner the babies dad. Where both violant towards each other and aggresive. They both had records with the police and eventually showed that they could not give him the life he needed and deserved.

The lad was adopted , he is about 5 now and I miss the fact he never had a chance to be in our lifes.

They won't stop him seeing the child straight away like that. Believe me it is a long drawn process the person in my family had 3 chances off social services.

And never proved they where capable of being able to provide a clean and warm loving enviroment for him.

Hi hun me and my wife went through this with my sister in law. I hope it worked out well for your family member.

Hi

Thanks for all your advice, we have a solicitor but im trying to look into the medical side of things more and gather some evidence for friday.

The solicitor will be able to get a medical report done if they think it is necessary.

Yes the solicitor will request a mental health assessment on friday at court but he said this will take upto 3 months, in the mean time the judge will decide on friday on the short term order for contact and im worried he might give unsupervised access???

Yes the solicitor will request a mental health assessment on friday at court but he said this will take upto 3 months, in the mean time the judge will decide on friday on the short term order for contact and im worried he might give unsupervised access???

What happened in the end?

Our solicitor offered supervised access at a contact centre until the police investigate and bail ends early april.

He accepted this, but the contact centre got waiting list so im taking child to play6 area to meet him once a week for the next 5 weeks and i get to supervise, so wont be much fun but at least i get to keep an eye on contact.

Back in court april to arrange the longer term contact so still need advice???