BECKHAM Out of world cup ??

how they can keep draging him out to support events in this country is a mystery to me,his only interest in this country is his image and how he can keep himself in the celeb. cult to protect his earnings.i would love to know if he pays taxes in this country.

I can see your point, and even agree with it; nevertheless, Beckham has an enormous following abroad and attaching his name to ... well, just about anything, guarantees that it will get more publicity and be looked on more favourably by the rest of the world. We might as well use that to our advantage.

what a load of rubbish just to name a few far better reliable good players and who stayed true to the british game. giggs,scholes,speed,shearer,beardsley,dalglish,gascoine,best,lots more not even got to the world scene,beckham not fit to lace these peoples boots.

beckham fits right in that list. speed does not.

beckham might have been a one trick pony, but it was a damn good trick. slagging him off for not being very good is as downright silly as making out he was the Peckham Pele.

Beckham has already played in 3 World Cups. We didn't win it with him in the team then. I reckon that he's had his chance, he's hardly going to be a better player now than he was in the past is he?