Stannington Carnival 2010

In the past the local MP has performed the official opening. Will this happen this year?

The Carnival will be opened by Cllr David Baker.

The Carnival will be opened by Cllr David Baker.

So why is the elected MP not bothering to do it? Does he not care about that part of his constituency?

So why is the elected MP not bothering to do it? Does he not care about that part of his constituency?

Call up on Saturday afternoon, Slimsid and you'll get to see David Blunkett MP. But not Nick Clegg I'm afraid.

anyone know what time it all starts??

anyone know what time it all starts??

The parade starts at 12.30, but most of the stalls will start trading around 12.

The parade starts at 12.30, but most of the stalls will start trading around 12.

ohh, suprised me that, can confirm how you know that as I have been trying to contact the organsiser since the 5th July and cant get any details. My understanding is that its 10am start and 5pm finish?

if anyone has a contact number or email address for the organisers them please pm me as the one I have is not responding.

thanks

JD

Edited by jezd

ohh, suprised me that, can confirm how you know that as I have been trying to contact the organsiser since the 5th July and cant get any details. My understanding is that its 10am start and 5pm finish?

if anyone has a contact number or email address for the organisers them please pm me as the one I have is not responding.

thanks

JD

I'm one of the organisers and the parade actually starts forming up at 11.45 and sets off at 12. The stalls will be setting up all morning and officially open after the parade but most start trading earlier. They will usually start closing around 4.30 which is the earliest time they can bring their vehicles back into the park.

I'm really looking forward to my first visit to the carnival. Where is the best place for visitors to park? I am intending to lend a hand on the Homestart stall for a short period.

Go along and spend some money helping a local charity we are holding a soft toy tombola stall.

What road is stannington park on as i cant find it in the maps and the scc website doesnt give any details

I attended this once.....there was about 6 stalls and a guy selling old wartime badges and stuff.....what a rivetting waste of time.

There is the tramlines festival going on in town tomorrow - and a concert thing in Barkers pool.

Stannington carnival hardly even joins the same league.

Hi

Can anyone tell me what time the Carnival starts please.