Are people still scared to visit farms due to hygene issues?

I'm just scared of blatant self promotion.

Well go away and don't read it then. The rest of us are quite happy to be kept informed of what's going on and happy to see a local business run by nice people going from strength to strength. They're not pressganging us to buy their ice cream (as if that were needed!), they're just telling us where we could spend a pleasant time with some baby lambs which would charm most people. Of course some are just so miserable and cynical that all they can see is bad in everything.

Edited by irenewilde

After we've petted the lambs and seen the calves can we watch them being slaughtered, or is that just a bit too much "keeping it real"?

There's *always* one, isn't there?

well, we went to see the lambs, and lovely they were too!

we also ended up buying two 500ml tubs of the best ice cream i have tasted in years, and a couple of highland burgers to have tonight! (and massive thanks to the kind offer of the chap in the shop to let me run the money in when i realised i didn't have cash on me, and you couldn't take cards - amazing trustworthyness that you don't see these days too often.)

what a lovely farm, and lovely people with lovely produce - sheffield should be proud.

Well, we went up to the farm this afternoon, saw lots of adorable lambs & my daughter was lucky enough to feed one of them. We saw the shop, we spent too much(!), we talked to Edward who was friendly as always and then..... we saw a calf being born! What a special experience it was too, absolutely lovely to see the calf (a little girl) taking her very first look at the world with those big brown eyes. And in a couple of years time we'll be eating OCM ice cream made from *her* milk!! What a fantastic afternoon!

sounds brilliant my daughter loves aminals, will be along tomorrow for a visit and an ice cream :)

I'll be back in the next couple of weeks! Kids can see the lambs - I just want the ice cream :love::hihi:

I always carry baby wipes and hand sanitisers anyway, force of habit :)

Took the kids to Graves Park last Sunday afternoon, was lovely, however just one word of warning - take your own hygiene gel. After the kids had stroked and petted the animals we went to wash our hands, only to find all the soap dispensers empty. Thankfully had reserves of gel in my bag.

If you would like to bottle feed a lamb please be at the farm tomorrow at 2pm.

we only have two lambs which need a bit extra at the moment, we will try our best to let everyone have a turn.

Some of the lambs are now In the field and everyone is welcome to join them in the field we have put a stile in at the end of the yard.

Everyone Welcome 11am -6pm

Lamb Bottle Feeding 2pm

we have been this morning had a brilliant time,my daughter took a special liking to the little black and white calf, she would have brough her home if we had let her and the ice cream is amazing we bought loads

You just need somewhere for visitors to clean their hands after petting all the sheepy-doos.

I'll come

they have got a toilet and hand washing facilities

I think petting farms are thriving again, so long as you keep bottles of that hand wash visible for the worried.