Best games you have ever played

HEAVY RAIN PS3 = the best game ever made

Apart from the fact that it's barely a game at all, more a sequence of semi-interactive cutscenes. It's damn good, I'll give you that, but the actual 'game' parts need to be a lot better imo for it to earn that title.

Apart from the fact that it's barely a game at all, more a sequence of semi-interactive cutscenes. It's damn good, I'll give you that, but the actual 'game' parts need to be a lot better imo for it to earn that title.

Apart from the fact that I have just said what the best game ever made is. ;)

I'd have to agree with Heavy Rain, it really is stunningly good

Well if we're all gonna go all fanboy then I guess I'll have to stop you there. Nothing is or ever will be as good as Freespace 2, with the possible exception of Half Life 2. Fact.:P

Also, to hammer my point about Heavy Rain home, even the creative director of the game himself doesn't think of it as a game but rather an 'interactive movie'.

Also, Didn't Ubisoft make beyond good and evil? (EDIT: hey, you sneaky little bugger!, disregard this question)

Edited by flamingjimmy

Surprised no-ones mentioned Duke Nukem 3D for the PC ... or did I come into the FPS genre a little late :huh:

shenmue-dreamcast

splinter cell pandora tomorrow-multiplayer only -xbox

supermario kart- snes

goldeneye-64

electric pen-64

halo 2 multiplayer-xbox

cod 4 multiplayer-360

super streetfighter 2 turbo-snes

Try these for "size" state of war, imperial glory and shogun. All straight forward but get more and more complicated, as you go on.

Can even play them on-line against who ever. Hours of fun and all can be had for about £12. Hows that for value and variety....

Bounty Bob strikes back on the commodore 64.

Or LEGGIT or Time bandits on the Dragon 32

:)

Championship manager/Football Manger. Not played the most recent ones but it used to a hugely addictive game. Think I spent a whole summer holiday doing not much else once!

I'm more of a multiplayer man myself, single player wise the only games I have fully completed and really enjoyed were Half Life 1, Deus Ex and Gears of War 2 for the XBox. Ones I remember playing on my Amiga 500+ were Soccer Kid, Cannon Fodder, Zool, Prince of Persia!

In terms of multiplayer over the years I've played so many, the Quake series, Counter Strike, Team Fortress and also some MMO's like EVE, Lineage 2 and WoW. Team Fortress Classic still one of my favourites, but for competitive play I play on Quake live, and also with a few friends, simply because the scene is very active I moved from Counter Strike 1.6 to Source.

WoW was great fun in the early days before the expansion packs, lots of open world pvp, which is why I enjoyed Lineage 2 so much, so much open pvp but also a hell of a lot of grinding. I still play the occassional WoW, level 80 paladin now with decent gear, I'm trying to get rid of it though so it stops me!

Frontier elite 2 bar non, great technical achievement and one open ended game to rule them all, bit buggy i hear but nothing has come close to beating that for me.

I'll second that. even now I play on dosbox. Still get a few days out of it before I get bored

I'm sticking my neck out here, but I think that we Wii Sport could be a future classic!! Some say it was just a novelty, but I say it was bright, new, and far more addictive than any of the "new" shooters that are merely re-hashes of old classics.