Best games you have ever played

Thief: The Dark Project, Thief: The Metal Age and a ton of free fan missions

Thief: Deadly shadows - not so much it was a bit disappointing compared to the first two but still a good game

I have high hopes for the next Thief instalment currently being worked on in Montreal by the same team developing Deus Ex

I'm a bit of a Thief fan, you may have noticed :rolleyes:

get in get out, take everything that isn't nailed down and still have no one know you were there, oh yes :cool:

the original Deus Ex

and I used to love a little game called Descent and it's sequel Descent II, flying a spaceship through a mine blowing the crap out of anything that moved, jolly good fun, especially with deathmatches

and of course the classics Doom & Quake

haven't really found a more modern game I like yet

Excellent choices, I love the Thief Games (the metal age is my favorite) and it's been about a decade since I've thought of Descent!

Did you ever play Descent's spiritual successors Freespace 1 and 2?

I would actually call Freespace 2 the greatest game of all time, and like Thief 2, there is a huge modding community and fan-made content to keep you going for ages after finishing the brilliant campaigns. I would highly reccomend getting Freespace if you enjoyed Descent at all.

never got round to freespace, I'll have a look thanks

oh and I used to play hex and hexen too, forgot them

if you like Thief there's about ten years worth of fan missions available for free, some are a bit crap but there are quite a few gems and some even better than the original missions imo

I've even dabbled in fan mission building, I really must get round to doing another sometime

Edited by esme

cod 4

modern warfare 2

gears 1

gears 2

golden eye (n64)

GAMEBOY

Zelda

tetris

Mario

mario cart (snes)

Ms Pacman for the win! (Also Donkey Kong,Venture,Missile Command,Tetris)

Alan Wake is brilliant. Scary and immersive.

Well deserved the 90 percent it received in many sources, but it's been overshadowed by the blindingly - omg - amazing Red Dead Redemption, which is just stunning in terms of graphics, game play and story!

Took your advice. Playing through it now with my son, Amazing!! :love::thumbsup:

Yoshis island! What a game!

Best game I've ever played has to be 'Qwak', apparently made locally too! ;)

http://www.qwak.co.uk

Also, Colonization is pretty good too.

Alan Wake is pretty phenomenal. Loving it, actually!

Definitely ranks up there. Not the scariest game ever, but still the combat is great fun and it's highly immersive!

dragons age is still pretty good.. played it through twice now. havent done that on a game in a long time.

Am I the only one who was extremely disappointed by Alan Wake?

Yeah it's atmospheric, but that's about it. There are no actual scares, the combat is boring and extremely repetitive, and the story reads like a third rate Steven King novel (and the makers know it, by how many smug references they put in there).

After all this time I can't help but feel like I shouldn't've bothered waiting.

It's by no means bad, but I was expecting something great, and what I got was mediocrity.

No you are not alone flamingjimmy.

Alan Wake should have stayed as an amazing tech demo.

Obviously taking a little break from Red Dead Redemption to play it is not gonna help.

Best game I've ever played has to be 'Qwak', apparently made locally too! ;)

http://www.qwak.co.uk

Also, Colonization is pretty good too.

nice plug for your game there ;) i find a good start up game site to be http://www.denomis.com :hihi: forum to follow on site if i get my ass in gear