Quick night hike, Win hill

But back to the subject.

I'm up for a night hike anytime, i've even done night tours of the regions stone circles a couple of times, not for any weird reasons mind, one was for a photography student and another for a couple who worked shifts and could only get at night.

walking at night isn't at all scary, just different, take the Win hill walk, the pine trees were giving off a very strong scent that filled the air, i've been up there many times but never experienced such a strong smell before, also, the ground illuminated by a head torch seems very 2 dimensional and you have to watch your step until you get used to it.

My most memorable walk was across Eyam moor under a full moon with the missus and kids, we didn't even need a headtorch.

Night hikes are great, especially in the snow. I went for one up Blake Fell in the Lakes over Christmas and with a no clouds and a full moon reflecting back off the snow it was bright enough to read, no torch required. So peaceful as well.

I'll give you a shout next time I go for an after dark jaunt AO if you like.

Night hikes are great, especially in the snow. I went for one up Blake Fell in the Lakes over Christmas and with a no clouds and a full moon reflecting back off the snow it was bright enough to read, no torch required. So peaceful as well.

I'll give you a shout next time I go for an after dark jaunt AO if you like.

Ok, that would be cool. Things are hectic here so I guess I could sacrifice a bit of sleep for a walk :)

I like the idea of a night walk - are there any places that are good for an all nighter? ie walking and sleeping out? I wondered about Kinder Scout maybe?

There is a bothy around the back of Howden damn....