The new blue boxes for paper

Just a thought but when the lorries collect all the paper from the wheelie bins are the lorries near to their carrying capacity? Because if they are then the lorries will have to go out more in wet weather, if the paper is wet it will be a lot heavier than the dry paper and the lorries will be overloaded. Like I said just a thought. :confused:

...and use more fuel which I'm led to believe is bad for the environment.

In the course of my work I have driven around the Hillsbrough area today- on bin day- and the Middlewood Estate in particular was littered with new blue paper bins that had blown into the road....I hadn't even noticed it was windy!?( The original blue wheelie bins were on the pavement standing to attention)

yes i followed a trail of blue crates up the rd where i live on wednesday,and when i got to my house mine was almose in the middle of the rd,now wont this before long start to cause accidents,maybe then they will re-think this crazy idea

...and use more fuel which I'm led to believe is bad for the environment.

What's worse for the environment is the distance that veolia are hauling the paper. all the way to Northants isn't it?

Surely the petrol (ok, Diesel) and the road-miles used cancel out any scrap of good the paper recycling creates?

I Wonder if the bin men had any say in these blueboxs , i bet they was just told like us !!

Ive been told theres a petition to sign against the bluebins Anyone got a link to it ??????

yes i followed a trail of blue crates up the rd where i live on wednesday,and when i got to my house mine was almose in the middle of the rd,now wont this before long start to cause accidents,maybe then they will re-think this crazy idea

Just wait for a for a few storms they'll be all over the place.

Hopefully by the time they get to us they'll scrap the idea.

What if I forgot to put my blue bin full of paper out for the last collection? will it not get emptied now?

What if I forgot to put my blue bin full of paper out for the last collection? will it not get emptied now?

Give them a call.

My guess is that they will see paper in the bin now meant for plastics and glass and refuse to take it.

You'll be expected to transfer it into the other bin/box.

Give them a call.

My guess is that they will see paper in the bin now meant for plastics and glass and refuse to take it.

You'll be expected to transfer it into the other bin/box.

dosnt it all end up in the same truck anyway? its just like taking an exam all this new recycling stuff I just cant be bothered with it all, the lots goin in the black bin its bigger! :hihi:

Wonder if the black bin collections will become every 2 weeks soon instead of every week? Because if plastics and tins and going in the blue bin and paper in the "fab" new box then not alot goes in the black bin anymore.

I see the biggest problem as being shredded paper blowing all over the streets. Our binmen are none too careful when they collect, and anything that blows away is simply left. God forbid that the pick stuff up.

I dont know of any other council that uses these boxes for paper. Usually they are used for bottles.

Nice one Sheffield council, once again acted without thinking

Hese boxes are stupid why do I pay taxes to have to sort out my own rubbish