The new blue boxes for paper

You could keep the new blue crate inside the black bin, and then after a week... voila! Problem solved. :hihi:

You could keep the new blue crate inside the black bin, and then after a week... voila! Problem solved. :hihi:

That, I think will probably be my solution. :hihi::hihi:

Edited by Plain Talker

Well i seen a post where someone say they had 3 bin wagons out for collection, i thought we would have two for plastics and paper. Was our first collection of the plastics and paper waste this morning, i notice one wagon with two compartments in the back, the bin men have a black wheelie bin to empty the blue box's into then when the black bin is full they empty it on the wagon. One of the men looked like he was getting confused of what bin goes where, maybe another bin for the paper would have been better, also i never seen them so slow with the new system. Normally put bins on the wagon then off they go, but they been on our road now for the past 10mins.

keep the blue box outside?

which bit of THERE'S NOWHERE SHE CAN PUT THE BLUE BOX THAT WON'T BLOCK HER WHEELCHAIR ACCESS do you not comprehend?

There's only just enough space for her black waste bin, and the blue bin, anything else, and she will be unable to get her wheelchair out.

Unless you know something we wheelchair users don't, about the special skills you get when you acquire a 'chair... like levitating one's chair over an obstacle, or being able to de-materialise, and actually be able to physically pass through a solid obstacle......?

So what you are saying then, you will never be able to purchase anything larger than a box, because your flat is now too full?

Stop being a moaning arse who thinks society is against you, pick up the phone and ASK THEM.

So what you are saying then, you will never be able to purchase anything larger than a box, because your flat is now too full?

Stop being a moaning arse who thinks society is against you, pick up the phone and ASK THEM.

Not me, but my pal, dear. Use your noggin, for crying out loud.

If she were to buy a telly, say or a washer, then the delivery company would take the packaging away, so the box(es) would only be in her way for a few minutes, whilst the delivery is carried out. Not left there from week to week for her to get her chair tangled in.

So. Again. I will ask... What is my pal expected to do?

Edited by Plain Talker

Not me, but my pal, dear. Use your noggin, for crying out loud.

if she were to buy a telly, say or a washer, then the delivery company would take the packaging away, so the box(es) would only be in her way for a few minutes whilst the delivery is carried out. not left there from week to week for her to get her chair tangled in.

So. Again. I will ask... What is my pal expected to do?

The clue, which is a big clue is in my last post, PICK UP THE PHONE AND ASK THEM.

You mean like because now it is too heavy to carry as it is waterlogged as it doesn't have a cover to stop the rain! stupid council as usual. When will they ever learn!!! Blue bins had a lid and wheels! What a bunch of flaming stupid idiots.

Please note that YOU WILL GET A PLASTIC COVER FOR THE BOXES. Those that already have the box will get them in June and those that havent got the box yet will get them delivered with a plastic cap in due course. The issue of wet paper is not an issue at all. In the meantime, as mentioned previously, people are more than welcome to use their initiative and cover the things themselves with plastic or something! Not rocket science is it really.

You ask, when will the council ever learn. I ask, when will people ever learn.

mine as just been delivered, its outside and thats where its staying,i will fill it with newspapers and magazines and just see how heavey and messy this becomes the first time it rains,if its not to my liking then the papers will just go in the black bin and the blue crate will become redundant,councils fault,not mine

You ask, when will the council ever learn. I ask, when will people ever learn.

How are they going to keep the hessian sacks, full of grass cuttings, dry?

which bit of THERE'S NOWHERE SHE CAN PUT THE BLUE BOX THAT WON'T BLOCK HER WHEELCHAIR ACCESS do you not comprehend?

So to clarify.....no solution would suit your friend. Even if the council had introduced another wheeled bin this wouldnt have solved her individual situation.

A solution which could work - if she has never recycled glass and bottles she is under no obligation to do so now, or if she has already recycled these using alternative methods she can continue to do so. Therefore, she can ask the council to collect the blue bin, put the blue box where her blue bin is and her presto, she is recycling exactly the same as before.

No doubt, the dimensions of the box wont be suitable as slightly different to the dimensions of the blue bin and no doubt, you will come back with some other excuse but hey ho. If you have a problem......look for a solution. As Bruno said, has she actually spoken to the council??? I know for areas such as flat which have communal areas alternatives can be put in place.

Arrrr how environmently friendly then, more lorries on the road, well done the council!

And they are going all the way to Wolverhampton.There is no point in recycling just for the sake of it .There needs to be some environmental benefit.

We would be better off keeping the existing scheme and keeping local recycling firms in business

So to clarify.....no solution would suit your friend. Even if the council had introduced another wheeled bin this wouldnt have solved her individual situation.

A solution which could work - if she has never recycled glass and bottles she is under no obligation to do so now, or if she has already recycled these using alternative methods she can continue to do so. Therefore, she can ask the council to collect the blue bin, put the blue box where her blue bin is and her presto, she is recycling exactly the same as before.

No doubt, the dimensions of the box wont be suitable as slightly different to the dimensions of the blue bin and no doubt, you will come back with some other excuse but hey ho. If you have a problem......look for a solution. As Bruno said, has she actually spoken to the council??? I know for areas such as flat which have communal areas alternatives can be put in place.

Firstly, there would have been no problem if the box had been produced as originally planned, (IE had been designed to fit inside the other bin) there would not have been any encroachment out of the footprint of the wheely bin.

The design of her flat is such that there is no communal area in which the crate could be stored.

Secondly, a wheeled bin would have been preferable to most people, as it would be more manoeuvrable.