Signs of labour??

Hi all, thanks for all your wishes its really comforting to know people are thinking of you.

Ellies day has been good. They attempted to take the ventilator off today, but her oxygen dropped too quickly so it was switched back on. The thing thats made me happy though is shes had her first feeds today. 2mls of breastmilk. how sweet is that!!!

Ive had a low day, finding it so hard to be strong and I am so frightened, but the fact is Ive got to do this. I was supposed to come home today but wasnt allowed because of my fragile state.

Thanks to you all at school too cll23 my mum says so many people stop to ask how I and Ellie are doing. Im sure if shes stopped to chat with you, you will know all the gruesome ins and outs of what happened. lets just say James is having a vasectomy. LOL.

Thanks again all. Big hugs....... from Bethsmummy xx

Hi all, thanks for all your wishes its really comforting to know people are thinking of you.

Ellies day has been good. They attempted to take the ventilator off today, but her oxygen dropped too quickly so it was switched back on. The thing thats made me happy though is shes had her first feeds today. 2mls of breastmilk. how sweet is that!!!

Ive had a low day, finding it so hard to be strong and I am so frightened, but the fact is Ive got to do this. I was supposed to come home today but wasnt allowed because of my fragile state.

Thanks to you all at school too cll23 my mum says so many people stop to ask how I and Ellie are doing. Im sure if shes stopped to chat with you, you will know all the gruesome ins and outs of what happened. lets just say James is having a vasectomy. LOL.

Thanks again all. Big hugs....... from Bethsmummy xx

Being a mum i can imagine how frightened you are if i was in your place i would be distraught, your doing so so well to be so strong, just keep positive thoughts and think of the progress your daughter is making and how strong she is being. Be strong together and you will both pull through.

You have family and friends around you so you take your time to recover and feel better in yourself.

So glad your both doing better.

Tia

Being a mum i can imagine how frightened you are if i was in your place i would be distraught, your doing so so well to be so strong, just keep positive thoughts and think of the progress your daughter is making and how strong she is being. Be strong together and you will both pull through.

You have family and friends around you so you take your time to recover and feel better in yourself.

So glad your both doing better.

Tia

Ahhh how lovely and inspiring. Youre so right. Ellie is being so strong and brave. If she can do it so can I...... Thankyou you really are an angel. xx

I'm not an angel just like everyone else on here i just want to help and want you to know that your doing great and not to give up. :)

Keep us updated hun

x

I can't imagine what you are going through, you and Ellie are doing so well. Ellie is in the best place and sounds like she is being very brave, just like her Mum.

Best wishes and thinking of you and Ellie.

yes hun i know what happened babes ya mum and james have told me so glad ya both ok and i know ya strong enough hun you'll be absolutely fine sending all my love ya way can't wait to see you and i'll come up and see baby ellie soon xxxxx

Sending strong, healthy vibes for both of you. Congratulations, and I hope to hear you're home and well soon, to be swiftly followed by Ellie. xx

Another good day for Ellie. Shes tolerating the breastmilk beautifully and had well over 24 hours on feeds now. When I went to see her this morning the doctors attempted to make her breath for herself. She managed 4 minutes on her own and then needed her ventilator back on. I found the whole process terrifying, watching all her little monitors go off. However Ellie took it all in her stride. Then this evening I was told I could be discharged. It was very bittersweet but I couldnt linger in there forever. So here I am. It was amazingly weird walking out of a maternity hospital carrying 3 huge pink helium balloons and no baby or carseat. But my girl is strong and it may take a few weeks or months but I will walk out of there with her.

Oh there we go.

Well I was in labour as I thought and after labouring all through till 8am saturday morning things started to go wrong. I began to heammorage and had to be taken for an emergency c sectiion.

I cant even talk about what happened as it really traumatised me but I basically said my goodbyes to my mum and asked to look after beth for me.

When I came round, my O/H was there to tell me baby was ok in special care she weighedd 2lb 1oz and he and beth had already named her Ellie

Shes absolutly gorgeous and really fighting good.

I spent 2 days on high dependancy having transfusions but am feeling slightly better today.

Will keep you posted on Ellies progress. xx

:shocked: I'm so pleased to hear you both pulled through that okay! It's amazing what they can do these days! Whilst I was in excruciating pain and things weren't going 'normally', I kept reminding myself that there were far worse things could happen, and at least if they decided they were cutting me open, I knew she was well cooked and had a really good chance of not being any the worse for the experience. So sorry to hear you were exactly the person I was thinking of though!

(I'll just read the rest of the thread :thumbsup: )

I'm so pleased to read she's doing well. I know the next few weeks are going to see you with incredibly short fingernails, but it sounds like she's fighting, and she'll soon be home with you all. This time next year it'll all be a distant memory, and nobody would know how she made such a dramatic entrance to this world!

Edited by Strix

Another good day for Ellie. Shes tolerating the breastmilk beautifully and had well over 24 hours on feeds now. When I went to see her this morning the doctors attempted to make her breath for herself. She managed 4 minutes on her own and then needed her ventilator back on. I found the whole process terrifying, watching all her little monitors go off. However Ellie took it all in her stride. Then this evening I was told I could be discharged. It was very bittersweet but I couldnt linger in there forever. So here I am. It was amazingly weird walking out of a maternity hospital carrying 3 huge pink helium balloons and no baby or carseat. But my girl is strong and it may take a few weeks or months but I will walk out of there with her.

Oh hun you must have felt awful leaving her there but just think about the progress shes making - she'll be home with you soon enough just keep your thoughts positive and showering your love on her :) Hope your ok xxx

That's good news :) . It must be a terrifying time for you. At least you get to be at home with your big girl now and you can be excited about little Ellie all together. I hope she can join you all at home soon x