Kumquat Mae - Vegetarian Food - It's back!

out of principle and for moral reasons i will never set foot in a veggie restaurant

so you can keep you lentils!!

out of principle and for moral reasons i will never set foot in a veggie restaurant

There is a meat/murderer option.

:hihi::hihi:

There is a meat/murderer option.

sorry for taking nature's option and respecting the food chain

why would a vegetarian restaurant even exist?

and more to the point why would they have a meat option?! srely that defeats the whole option

Will hopefully be there for the 28th! Really nice menu and I haven't bee in the University Arms in years.

All the best for night and looking forward to details for the next one too :-)

Edited by Venkman

Good luck Nicky,fantastic idea.

Please note that if you want to come - it is bookings only. You can PM me for this. :wave:

Sorry you didn't like the quality of the food.

Maybe quality was the wrong word. I just meant it was highly overpriced considering it didn't have meat involved... so ingredients would have been a better word. I can't actually remember how the quality of the food was. If it had been bad I would have remembered, so I can only assume it was fine.

Sorry - i didn't mean to put a too negative slant on the restaurant. Like I say, I think it's a good idea and I may give it a go.

Can some one point me to a list of Vegetarian Restaurants...Its difficult to find Vegy stuff in the Mile Long menus from the standard Restaurants

Can some one point me to a list of Vegetarian Restaurants...Its difficult to find Vegy stuff in the Mile Long menus from the standard Restaurants

There arn't many totally veggie places in Sheffield, but a few places to consider are:

Blue Moon Cafe 2 St James Street, Sheffield S1 1EU (next to the Anglican Cathedral). Tel: 0114 2763443 open mon-sat 7am-8pm. licensed. Seating 50-60 plus 2 small private dining rooms.

Café Euro 72 John St S2. Ethical, organic café. Soya milk. Non-dairy

spread. 273 8553.

The Bohemian 53 Chesterfield Road (Heeley bottom) S2 tel 0114 2557797. Vegan food always available. http://www.thebohemian.co.uk

The Fat Cat (public house) 23 Alma Street, Sheffield S3 8SA (next to Kelham Island Museum) Tel: 0114 2494801 food served every day 12-2.30. mon-fri 6-7.30.

Tin Po Dragon Cafe (Chinese) London Road, Sheffield S2 4LT Tel: 0114 2501070/07957 158854 open mon, tues, thurs, fri, sat, sun 12-10pm, wed 6-10pm. byo wine

Sheiks Restaurant (Lebanese & middle eastern) 274 Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2HS Tel:0114 2750555 open 7 days a week from 6pm. licensed.

Nirmals Indian Restaurant 189-193 Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2GW Tel: 0114 2724054 open 7 days a week lunch and evenings, except Sunday lunchtime. Licensed.

The Showroom Cafe/Bar 7 Paternoster Row, Sheffield S1 2BX tel; 0114 249 5479 food served 7 days a week 12-9. Licensed. DT.

The UK Mama African Restaurant 257 Fulwood Road, Broomhill, Sheffield S10 3BD Tel: 0114 2687807/07957546497 http://www.ukmama.co.uk open 7 days a week lunch and evenings. Sunday lunch bookings only. Licensed. DT.

Kashmir Curry Centre 121-125 Spital Hill, Sheffield S4 7LD Tel: 0114 2726253 open Mon-Sat evenings from 5pm ‘til midnight.

Cafe 22A, Norfolk Row. A most welcoming café. Vegan options include stir-frys, hot chocolate, cakes, often the soup of the day etc.

Plus there's a veggie cafe on the green at Pitsmoor. Good takeaways from EastWest on Abbydale Rd and Bilash on Sharrowvale Rd. Buddist cafe near Hunters Bar. Natural Choice and The Organic Shop in Chesterfield town centre both have cafes. Eating Whole on Copley Rd, Doncaster. A cafe opposite Zed's in Nether Edge and many more - please add if you know anywhere.

Hey, no one has said where it is yet.

Don't forget there are some newbie Veggies here please.

Hey, no one has said where it is yet.

Don't forget there are some newbie Veggies here please.

University arms 4pm next sunday but you need to book your table and food in advance