Complaints about bus services - megathread

If you look at my profile you will notice that I am only 16! :

I rely on the buses!

Mathom - yep sounds like him. Only been using bus this week cos my car is being repaired. Another example of First's great customer focussed attitude! Never getting on their stinking buses again unless I can help it.

Green bus drivers tend to be much nicer.

I wonder if it's to do with the way First treats them?

[mbatey]

*sigh*

As if the 82 isn't bad enough already without foul mouthed numpty drivers,, :rant:

I wouldn't mind if the 81 was even half reliable, but it isn't... It ALWAYS turns up at LEAST 10 minutes later than it's supposed to.. And the drivers aren't pleasant, they just grunt at you when you hand over your money..

Honestly it just beggars belief! Part of the reason we moved up Stannington from lower Walkley in the first place was easier access to reliable buses... Pfft.. Within 2 years of moving they cancelled the 87 that went from the top of Wood Lane, and the 20 from the Acorn estate.. Good job I wasn't still working at Boots in Meadowhall at the time as I was planning on using the 20 to get to work instead of using 2 buses or a bus and a Tram! :rant:

Originally posted by Rich

I wouldn't mind if the 81 was even half reliable, but it isn't... It ALWAYS turns up at LEAST 10 minutes later than it's supposed to.. And the drivers aren't pleasant, they just grunt at you when you hand over your money.

It's only to be expected I'm afraid. Reasonable human beings with intelligence and civility don't get jobs as bus drivers; they get real jobs with reasonable pay and prospects. Bus drivers get the pay and prospects they deserve.

Originally posted by InvalidUser

It's only to be expected I'm afraid. Reasonable human beings with intelligence and civility don't get jobs as bus drivers; they get real jobs with reasonable pay and prospects. Bus drivers get the pay and prospects they deserve.

ouch, did a bus driver steal your lolly when you were little or something?

Originally posted by pixy

I got on the 82 bus today and showed my weekly pass to the driver. He nodded but as I walked away he said ****** come back so I can see it! I couldn't believe it! I want to complain but I know it won't do much good!

the ****:rant:

Originally posted by scoop

When I rang to find out what action had been taken against the driver the customer services chap told me he wasn't allowed to divulge that information, i.e no action taken, in my opinion!

It is quite right that matters relating to staff discipline are dealt with confidentially.

I don't know whether action will have been taken but it is correct that you were not told.

That is a very insulting remark indeed to make about bus drivers.In general most do a good job under difficult circumstances as for intelligence I have a friend who is a qualified Airline Pilot who turned to driving a bus due to personal circumstances over which he had no control and I know of others with good qualifications I couldn't help wondering what your profession is.

Yes, 82 is that hall Park Head or Stanninton ? I had a very nasty,rudeone the other year on the Hall Park Head.Just because Id got a £1 coin instead of forty pence.Told me to get off the bus If I didnt have the right money.Was swearing and everything.Of course I complained but nothing came of it.Mind you I havent seen him since,unless hes on a different route.Must get up their tick though this hot weather.Must be like sitting in a greenhouse.

This has got to be one of the most Moronic statements I have read on this Forum to date.

Very offensive and arrogant,obviously a reflection on your own personality and attitude towards others whom you see to be beneath you.

Originally posted by Andy

It is quite right that matters relating to staff discipline are dealt with confidentially.

I don't know whether action will have been taken but it is correct that you were not told.

I beg to differ.

I'm a nurse, if any of my patients were to make a complaint about me or any of the staff I work with or about the care they received or about the facilities within the hospital, they would receive a very a very full explaination about what action had been taken with regard to their complaint.