Virgin Gym -Rates and advice on their Creche

Would you recommend the gym? Is it extremely busy?

Thanks again and my second comment wasn't aimed at you :)

It's a busy gym yes - but it has the most stuff as well - still the biggest gym in Sheffield I believe... When the car park is full to busting, you can't believe that all those people are in there with you... It's on two floors, has a climbing wall two pools (one for kids) and a sauna area... Upstairs are two class areas, a free weights area and loads of kit... I think it's a good deal and they have loads of classes...

You haven't answered anything. You just directed me to a website which also didn't answer my question, a website which I had been looking at for the past twenty minutes before posting this thread.

OK, I will make it simple. If you want to know any information about prices, you should call a sales assistant on the telephone number listed, on the website which I posted, as the prices vary based on your personal circumstances.

As for the creche, the prices again vary, based on how many children you have, how old they are, and the time of day you want to use the creche!

Simple!

Edited by Andy
Quotes

OK, I will make it simple. If you want to know any information about prices, you should call a sales assistant on the telephone number listed, on the website which I posted, as the prices vary based on your personal circumstances.

As for the gym, the prices again vary, based on how many children you have, how old they are, and the time of day you want to use the crèche!

Simple!

I posted this just after 10pm as I thought I may get some answers before they opened and also to find out advice on the creche as other people on here may use this part of the gym.

You don't need to make anything "simple" for me.Your advice is to call them which I understand quite clearly and have already submitted a form for a sales person to contact me.

If you don't like people asking for information maybe you could start your own thread Using a title such as: " don't use the forum for advice, find it out yourself by calling or using their websites". Im sure you will receive alot of replies. :hihi:

Edited by Andy

Hi there i pay £42.95 and i can go anytime the creche is a one off fee of £5 if your child is under 3 or it is £12 month for children over 3 for that they can have 2 hours of childcare a day and go swimming when ever they want.I am very unfit and got some weight on so i was very self concious about how i look but there is alot of bigger people that go to this gym which put me at ease.I love it personally i do my workout then go in the sauna and jacuzzis lol even though it can get busy it doesnt bother me and its never that busy you have to wait for machines and i mostly go at teatime sometimes in the morning if i can give you anymore information pls pm me maybe i could get you a day pass for you to try it Sarah x

Would you recommend the gym? Is it extremely busy?

Thanks again and my second comment wasn't aimed at you :)

The gym gets busy at peak times (between 5.00 and 7.00) its a great gym with fantastic facilities.

I havn`t used the creche for a couple of years but my boys go in club v (for 3yrs upwards) sometimes and they love it

(theres a fee for the creche but not for club v)

All of the staff are lovely.

As Ssazbabe says, £12/month for Club V. You need to be fairly well organised to book your slot in advance, because Club V sometimes gets booked up. The kids pool can get very busy. Our 5 year old is very happy when she visits Club V or the pool. I've no experience of the creche.

I think Esporta has a creche also, but I don't know any details.

They are excellent I pay the student rate which is £40 per month and its fab as I can use my gym card at other virgin gyms too my membership used to be £75 in london before lol they have club V which i believe is around £15 per months with activities for kids etc

As a few others have said, the fee for Club V is £12 pm for over 3s and they can go swimming for free as well as get into Club V for free. They tend to draw, play with books/toys in the room or play on what's called the big A - a large climbing play frame like the ones in soft play centres. Re. under 3s, when my son was younger I used to buy a card for £30 which gave me 10 hours of creche use - it was more expensive to pay as you go - £3.75 per hour I think. The care was good but they won't make bottles up, so you need to do them before you go if you think they'll need a feed while you're there, and they'll put it in the fridge for when it's needed. They change kids' nappies etc. though. You'll need to book in advance to get a place in the baby room as it's a strict baby/carer ratio so they only have room for a few babies at one time. Each time you sign your child in you have to say where you;ll be - gym, pool, climbing wall, wherever - and if there are any problems with your child they'll tannoy you.

I tend to go after work, so around 6-7pm, and it's busy but never so busy that you're waiting around for equipment to become free - there's always something to go on. Weekends are quieter. The car park can get really full in the evenings but there's an overspill car park round the back of the building.

Hope this helps you make a decision.