New beta forum classifieds!!

Is there any reason for the 'MarketPlace' being in the position that it is on the Front Page.

I don't use it much and it now pushes the forums that I do use further down the page out of sight . forcing me to do some extra clicking to get to where I want to be ('General', Computing' etc.)

Can the 'MarketPlace be put further down, please?

Can I personalise my page to do that for me?

It is much better being able to post on the classifieds; if you just want to ask a simple question (like I see someone has asked what size a pair of boots are) then the seller only has to reply once rather than getting loads of PMs and all the potential buyers can see the answer too, so thanks for bringing this feature back.

I might even start looking at them again now.

the old style is back thanks sf i like it this way

should never have changed it as for the comment about price checkers

this is a forum and we should not be ripped off with silly prices

well done sf

I'm sorry I didn't realise you were forced to buy things at silly prices if somethings cheaper elsewhere then buy it elsewhere don't start price checking items

It is much better being able to post on the classifieds; if you just want to ask a simple question (like I see someone has asked what size a pair of boots are) then the seller only has to reply once rather than getting loads of PMs and all the potential buyers can see the answer too, so thanks for bringing this feature back.

I might even start looking at them again now.

i think if your selling a pair of boots it would be a good idea to state the size! :loopy:

Oh fer god's sake!!!!!! they've gone and changed the format of the classifieds AGAIN. Can't they leave well alone! :loopy: I used to really love browsing in there, went in today and all the for sale stuff is just lumped together and the look of it all is horrible!!! Were we even asked if we wanted it to change - NO. :rant: So now that my rant is done and calm is gradually coming back to me, does anybody like the new format or are some of you of the same opinion as me and hate it???? I for one am definitely put off going in there again! :huh: think I'll stick to freecycle lol.

Oh fer god's sake!!!!!! they've gone and changed the format of the classifieds AGAIN. Can't they leave well alone! :loopy: I used to really love browsing in there, went in today and all the for sale stuff is just lumped together and the look of it all is horrible!!! Were we even asked if we wanted it to change - NO. :rant: So now that my rant is done and calm is gradually coming back to me, does anybody like the new format or are some of you of the same opinion as me and hate it???? I for one am definitely put off going in there again! :huh: think I'll stick to freecycle lol.

I will quote what medusa said

I understand that we can't please everybody, but the reason for the changes was to take into account all of the feedback from forum users about not liking the separate classifieds so this was a deliberate move forwards to help reduce spam and include the ability to close threads as they are posted, which was not an option on the original classifieds. Starting with criticism before the area is even finished doesn't exactly give it a fighting chance, does it?

I agree with you 100%

Totally agree the old version was much better and easier to access everything was organized in sections bring it back !

Ill be honest with you, I liked the very first classifieds but saw that a few things needed attention, Then it changed to the last one which was great but miss a few thing the original had. Now it just got even better for me, we now have a mix of the original and the last one.

Please take the time to read through some of the suggestions from other users in this section to see what they asked for and asked to be removed, Then you will see why its like it is. The team carnt please everyone.

Also please read throught this thread as there are alot of questions and answers. I will again quote answers from other mods.

Hope this helps

The new classifieds is part of a new Marketplace, which will eventually house a number of areas of the forum.

The form for the classifieds now includes an option for the OP of the ad to close their thread and restrict it to PM comments only.

it's now default to all ads in date order :)

You can choose to view a specific section on the drop-down menu at the top of the page.

The basic ads are still free and nobody is being asked to pay for anything they don't want to pay for- what exactly is your issue with that?

I understand that we can't please everybody, but the reason for the changes was to take into account all of the feedback from forum users about not liking the separate classifieds so this was a deliberate move forwards to help reduce spam and include the ability to close threads as they are posted, which was not an option on the original classifieds. Starting with criticism before the area is even finished doesn't exactly give it a fighting chance, does it?

If you have a query relating to why a thread was moved, or a post deleted, please raise a ticket at the Help Desk found under the Help and Contact Us link on the left hand menu.

Thank you for putting me straight Gaze :mad: - I still don't like the new classifieds format :rant::rant::rant::rant::mad:

Edited by Snagglepuss

Ive put an ad on and want to edit it to add photos, it wont let me as its Closed.

My other ad allows me to edit it!

But i cant find a delete button for any post - so what do i do when ive sold the item if i cant edit or delete the message?