Lost parcel through the Royal Mail

They kindly lost a parcel i sent back in november last year by 1st class parcel post.Got all the forms etc filled them in sent them off. Letter from them dated 27th jan,need 30 days to look into it,fair enough. Now lies problem,well past 30 days want to speak to someone about it.....Nightmare all automated messages NAFF,am losing the will to live............Has anyone out there got a phone number where i can speak to a person not a pigging MACHINE.

Rant over,any ideas...............

There's the 08457 740 740 customer service number, which I've called and spoken on various occasions to an advisor.

It's probably your best bet!

I can`t believe people still trust royal mail with important parcels.I`m a courier and the amount of people who ring me to deliver small parcels has increased enormously.It might be more expensive by a sameday courier but at least it gets there and intact.

08457 740 740 is a fantastic suggestion, first however for future delivery i would suggest Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

Back to the initial problem........find out the department locally that deals with this (there will be one) take all your dates and information and go in to recieption. Be polite. Be firm. But let them know until there is a solution or a plan to your problem, simply because the **** poor service you have already had simply isnt good enough. Smile. Sit. Simply wait for the Royal Mail service machine to sort the problem out to your total satisfaction........ill even go with you.

Your not a door mat. Your not a number. Your a custome that feels if it wasnt for poor service there would be no service at all and it simply isnt good enough.

thanks will try this number and see if i actually get to speak to someone,and get the problem resolved........Never again normal post,been told i should have used special delivery.

I wish people would stop knocking Royal Mail; for the amount of people it has to serve, it has relatively few mishaps. Its a great British institution that we should cherish, we'd miss it if it wasn't here.

This is anther national treasure that has been cut back so much that it no longer has the stature it had. One day it will be gone and postage costs will rocket that is for sure!!

I've sent off my blades and scissors to be sharpened many times before and never had a problem however this time they went missing....I am not slagging the post office off in general i am just annoyed that you don't actually get to speak to a person,is that to much to askA lot of the larger companies use this type of system,automated that keeps you hanging on forever,i just think it's naff.

Save yourself a few bob and ring 01752 387112 instead (that's the bypass number the royal mail customer services 0845 charge you loads of money number directs to)

I am not sure who is liable for my parcel well I say parcel more drivers licences.

We made an application for council tax and housing benefit. And I sent all relevant documentation as proof of everything but what coulor underwear I had on. Included in this was mine and my other halfs drivers licence.

We got accepted for what bit of council tax and housing benefit we could get. And we recieved back documentation e.g. wage slips, tenancy agreement and letters.

But no licenses so we contacted council tax and they said they send them after the paper documents for security purposes.

Anyway we waited and still no driver licences through post so we rang again CT again. Now we are given another story, that we should of recieved them with all paper documents recorded mail.

Yes we recieved paper documents but no licences and was not recorded mail.

So they now pass us on to someone higher in the department who says they have sent them and gave us a refrence numer to give to royal mail to try trace them. So off we go again ringing royal mail and give this refrence number the man says that it is not coming up on the system so he can only assume it has been lost.

Well thanks so we now have no drivers licences, and god knows who hands they have fallen in to.

So we had to put a suspention on them through dvla, and we have now been told to write a letter explaining whats happened to council tax and they will refund us.

Would not be so bad but my husband uses his to gain entry to prisons to fix endorsement equipment. And he has not been able to do this hence letting down important customers ect.

So who is to blame???

I don't care but someone is paying for them because im not.

It's true about Royal Mail. I've sent nearly 1000 packages in the past few months and of them, only a handful have been lost.

There was a brief period in Jan where a LOT went missing, but most of them turned up on my doorstep a month or so later...

But they do perform a great service, despite cut backs, vanishing post offices and a vastly reduced budget.

Watch for post price rises in April :(

yipeee,result,thanks for the numbers people posted, actually got to speak to a person which restored my will to live...They are suposed to be sending me a cheque in the post within a week.........supose time will tell what happens to that......................