RTC Halifax Road evening of 6/3/10

And you are wrong.

What goes around comes around.

just heard they has been another rta with a bus and a person. on derek doley way

Second arrest made link here.

Good to hear.

Been past the spot today - noticed the flattened railings at the crossing - so was the lady coming out of Doe Royd and turning right up Halifax Rd???

perhaps the speed camera should be before the junction .

It wouldn't earn as much money there!

It wouldn't earn as much money there!

Yes, well this is the time and place to bring that subject up, isn't it?

Yes, well this is the time and place to bring that subject up, isn't it?

I think it's a perfect time to point out that if cameras were placed for safety rather than revenue gathering then this accident may not have happened.A camera just before a blind bend or a dangerous junction seems to me to be far more sensible.

Good to hear.

Been past the spot today - noticed the flattened railings at the crossing - so was the lady coming out of Doe Royd and turning right up Halifax Rd???

The flattened railings happened during the snow around or just after Xmas. The lady was, apparently, exiting Lyminster Rd towards the central reservation to make a right turn.

The lady was, apparently, exiting Lyminster Rd towards the central reservation to make a right turn.

That's not a manoeuvre I'd like to make from that junction.

The flattened railings happened during the snow around or just after Xmas. The lady was, apparently, exiting Lyminster Rd towards the central reservation to make a right turn.

aah ok thought it was strange....

No that is a dodgy junction to pull out of - pulling out of the WMC is even worse!

But I specifcally made sure I was doing 40mph up there yesterday and while it is a bad bend you are going slow enough at 40 to react to anyone pulling across the road.

Altering the limit to 30 wouldn't stop kids racing up there (not saying that's what happened - let the Feds sort that out)

I was just ponderering on what Sim0n said in post 37; he said that his friend switched off both engines, but he also said the Honda was in fourth gear. Obviously the engines could only be running if they were in neutral?