Free firewood/ logs?

I we are about to have a woodburner fitted (defra approved) and was wondering whether anyone could recommended where to get free or cheap logs from.

Thanks

I'd imagine you can get them from any one of the places already mentioned in the numerous threads already posted on this topic :rolleyes:

I've got loads of old wooden guttering you can have to burn.

Its free if you can collect from Meersbrook.

You'll just have to join the band of people looking around the streets for people pruning and chopping over the coming months...

look on the internet for timber merchants, ring them up and ask if they have off cuts of wood for firewood. Thats what i did, we have a small timber yard near me but the pensioners tend to beat me to it!

Dan 2820

how much wood is there piease, we may be interested.

thanks

shebba

Dan 2820

how much wood is there piease, we may be interested.

thanks

shebba

Lots!

Probably 50m in total but cut down into 3-4 ft sections.

To clarify, its old timber guttering, not clean new wood.

Its yours if you want it.

If anyone is still interested, I have just taken down two sycamore trees at the weekend, around 15ft-20ft each. They pieces of the trees are currently in 4ft-6ft lengths. Anyone who would like to use it as firewood is welcome to have it free of charge, providing they are able to collect it. If you are interested contact me using one of the following methods:

Email: djvenja@gmail.com

Phone: 07590 521673

PM

Reply to post

ive just had a large conifer taken down and anyone who wants the logs can come and get em for free before monday morning 24th of may. the bulk of the logs have been cut to managable size so if you want em come and get em. tel sheffield 2553515

thanks

if you still wanting wood to burn,you can get small cut offs from phoenix fencing,borough rd hillsborogh free to collect