RSPCA Approved Fish Rehoming

the only trubble is iam hopeing to move soon and then i will be geting a bigger tank but at the moment iam put in my place with the lady lol

i myself have alot to do with Richard Holland wen i 1st started fish keeping bout 2years ago he helped me alot as for hi kitchen his 7ft tank is amazeing im not rspca reg but have also had a few unwanted fish and am always looking for more and good work to richard your doing a great job

i myself have alot to do with Richard Holland wen i 1st started fish keeping bout 2years ago he helped me alot as for hi kitchen his 7ft tank is amazeing im not rspca reg but have also had a few unwanted fish and am always looking for more and good work to richard your doing a great job

can@emma ~ Richard really is a smashing fella, shared some family history with him as I have Hollands in our family :)

Groovemaster, you'd be surprised what fish some folk buy and sell. Arapaima's are being imported and they get even bigger than red tail catfish.

I think any shop that sells large growing fish should tell the buyer, after all most folk buy a plec or a red tail catfish without realising just how big they really get. Hence the rescue of both fish always being sought.

Yeah I have seen quite a few monster fish being sold as cute 1inch hobby fish. When I bought my first aquarium many moons ago I bought 2 pangs and was told they only grow to 4inch lol and that a well known pet shop.

When I discovered the potential growth I took them straight back, the shop was full and he swiftly snapped them back off me and gave me my money back not letting on to the costumers why I wasn't happy.

Its sad that they are still allowed to sell such large fish as 'home hobby fish' =[

Thank you so much for the info. I have a friend whose fish are eating her other fish and she hasn't got the space to separate them I've passed Richard's contact details on to her in the hope she will rehome some.

yes he is a top man so helpful and kind i have never seen anyone like him and his passion for fish

Hello, does Richard still run the fish rescue?

I am looking for a large goldfish to rehome to keep my goldfish company.

Thanks,

I purchased a tank over 5 years ago and with it inherited a pair (male and female) Sail Fin Plecs. The female grew so large I had to buy 2 Juwel 180 tanks to separate them as he got amorous and damages her fins. He has grown to about 7" bit she is over 12" long now and about 5" wide at the head. It is so sad to see her in this tank but I am now out of work due to spinal issues and need to urgently re-home her. Can anyone help please? She is absolutely stunning and it breaks my heart to see her in this tank. I live in a small flat too so even if I could obtain a much large tank I wouldn't have space for it. Would really appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks all. 

On 06/02/2011 at 12:56, Angilaruk said:

can@emma ~ Richard really is a smashing fella, shared some family history with him as I have Hollands in our family :)

Groovemaster, you'd be surprised what fish some folk buy and sell. Arapaima's are being imported and they get even bigger than red tail catfish.

I think any shop that sells large growing fish should tell the buyer, after all most folk buy a plec or a red tail catfish without realising just how big they really get. Hence the rescue of both fish always being sought.

Not a fish person but the mention of Arapaimas made me shudder...I saw them on river monsters and they get huge!