The bus lane on Mansfield Road heading towards Manor Top

ALLEGED BUS LANE on Mansfield Road going towards Manor Top :rant:

Dear Mr Scriven/SCC/SYP

Either enforce it or repaint the road back 'cos as useless bus lanes go this one takes the gold medal, as NO ONE (and that includes bus's) use the road markings correctly.

1. you have cars using the lane in the stated times on the signage.

2. bus's who cant use the lane ('cos of the above) then use inside lane and just pull across when going through the lights at fire station.

3. god help the people if a fire breaks out between 8am and 10am as the fire engines won't be able to attend as THE BUS LANE IS BLOCKED.

I know there are other bus lane which cause as much frustration, maybe, through the forum we should start highlighting these things? As there's an election due and they can promise the world and if it's on here we can actually and legally get them thrown out of office for 'un-kept policy' and 'breakdown of election guarentees'.

it's a thought

Have you tried contacting your local councillor(s) - a direct approach shortly before a local (and general?) election is usually your best chance of getting an immediate response.

Unless of course Cllr Scriven is a SF regular?

Tried all options, even to chief constable "we cannot supply the man power to cover all traffic lanes in South Yorkshire"

I replied "if SYP cars not on an emergency abuse it why should the general public not?"

still waiting for a reply 4 month's later

as for Mr S, i don't think he'd know where I'm on about.

Have you tried contacting your local councillor(s) - a direct approach shortly before a local (and general?) election is usually your best chance of getting an immediate response.

Unless of course Cllr Scriven is a SF regular?

I don't know about that one.

Maybe he's too busy having his photograph taken, as he's pointing at street signs and dog muck, to come on here?

Perhaps they have more important things to do?

(hint)

Perhaps they have more important things to do?

(hint)

i know they do (SYP) just frustrating :mad:

have you tried going up mansfield road at 8.15?

Yes. Lots. 2-4 times a week. It's a non-issue.

true.

wave to me in the morning, am the one in the grey volvo, in the inside lane, throwing my dummy screaming at the

1 white van man

2 single person in there corsa/ka etc.

night tony

true.

wave to me in the morning, am the one in the grey volvo, in the inside lane, throwing my dummy screaming at the

1 white van man

2 single person in there corsa/ka etc.

night tony

You need to chill out a bit man, you'll make yourself ill.

I'm not sure it's possible for traffic to comply with the bus lanes on Mansfield Road; it's a most bizarre setup. All buses must stay in the left lane until about twenty yards after the junction while other traffic remains on the right; then the buses have to switch over to the rigth hand lane and the other traffic must switch to the left, at the same time and in the same space.

I can only assume it was designed by someone who has invented a new law of physics that allows multiple cars to occupy the same area of road at the same time.

Total waste of space.

Just another piece of evidence that the road planners are on drugs.

Get rid of it all together and the traffic will flow a lot better.

I live very close to there and avoid it like the plague in the mornings, I have to travel

down Prince of Wales Rd to work so I cut through the Woodthorpe estate to avoid the shambles.

The need for arises from the bus companies complaining that car drivers won't let them in the outside lane. IMO there are too many buses on that route as most of them have very few people on them.

and breathe...

The police were enforcing use of the bus lane on Tuesday morning and did seem to be issuing a few penalties.

It was quicker by bus that morning as they could actually use the "Bus Lane" !

However it is as you where for the rest of the week.

As for Holymoses comment of buses "having few people on them" then you must be looking at different buses to me as I get on at Mansfield Road and they are always jampacked at 8am.