Thoughts on the wig and pen

I went there a week ago for a meal. I haven't been for ages. The waiting staff couldn't have been nicer. The food and wine were very good. I would recommend giving it a go. I loved it.

I've only been there at lunch time but the food has always been really good and no problem at all with the service.

I'd def like to try it in the evening. I think they used to do themed evenings and wine tasting, does anyone know if they still do it I reckon it would be worth a try.

Been in a few times and the last time I went was with my missus as I met her for lunch. The service was that slow that our lunch arrived and she had about 10 minutes of her break left (hour for lunch).

When it arrived it was lukewarm and under seasoned. I would not have minded if it had been busy but it was empty.

Can't say I will bother again.

I used to go here a lot before I moved away - Its one of the best bars in town - the food is the best!

Wig and pen is ok, I've had a good time there before

not really somewhere id go with the lads so depends on what kind of evening you want,

Depends on whether you like your food and drink with a side-order of jumped up suits and snooty bar staff, but each to their own, eh?

Ignoring the snark and those who failed to note I was asking about the restaurant and not the bar it appears opinions are mixed on this one. Some have had similar experiences to mine and some not. Interesting. I wish the place well, but having read this thread I am forced to conclude my experience was not a one off. Therefore I will not be back.

Shame their staff don't know how to look after ale, either. Or maybe you enjoy cloudy beer, or lager?

Bar is in good beeer guide and camera pub of the year nominated so must look after the beer rite. Maybe you just not know different types and a good pint?

I like the W&P and have nothing other than good experiences of the food.

I do really like it, but it has been rather hit and miss for the food. The food has always been excellent quality, but since the refurb / extension the service seems to have suffered. Still a good place to go if you're going for a beer or two of an evening, and the bit in paradise square out the back is nice in the sunshine.