Cats scratching furniture advice reqd

Got a kitten on its way, just wondered if those sprays you can use on furniture/curtains etc, such as, "scratch no more" actually work. It would appear they are citrus scented which aparently cats don't like.

Is there any particular 'brand' anyone uses that they would recommend?

Thanks

sorry, just realised there are other posts. ignore this one..

Its nature im afraid your just going to have to accept it.

You could get it something to scratch. - I seem to remember wooden scratch posts covered with needlecord (or similar) carpet which was impregnated with catnip.

Learn how to clip claws.

Never had any problems since.

Clip claws, reduce how lovely the furniture is to scratch, make a big scratching post a lot more lovely to scratch and you'll get there ;)

As Rupert said, get it something more 'fun' to scratch. I got one of my cats a carpet covered pyramid with some dangly balls to play with (!) - never really had a problem with her since.

She tends to scratch on a fence post outside nowadays, but whilever you've got the kitten inside, try and distract it away from the furniture.

I've got a scratch post for my cats but they get bored of it (but never get bored of the sofa, go figure). I find that moving it to new locations and dangling bits of sting etc on it help keep them interested in it.

I find gaffa tape on the front paws does the trick. It needs replacing every day as they try to chew it off.

I visited a property the other day to examine a garden and got covered in cat poo. The lady was the owner of god knows how many of the things. I doubt she had little consideration for the impact her pets made on the neighboring gardens?

Cat poo is just as poisoners as dog poo and more cats roam uncontrolled than dogs.

Edited by Andy

Defo recommend a decent scratching post.. try zooplus and the taller the better mine has places to sleep on it too and my tribe have always used it :) although will admit i have scratches on my leather suit from the kitten days though :(

I visited a property the other day to examine a garden and got covered in cat poo. The lady was the owner of god knows how many of the things. I doubt she had little consideration for the impact her pets made on the neighboring gardens?

Cat poo is just as poisoners as dog poo and more cats roam uncontrolled than dogs.

Most irrelavent post of the day!