Removal Firms - know a good one?

2 Men 1 Van,fully insured with goods in transit insurance, we can provide 1 man or 2 at a price to suit your budget,See our full advert in the business directory,Cheers dave

I am moving home first week in April - does anyone know a decent and affordable removal firm? Sheffield S8 xx

hi there i used frommetoyou removals they charged me £75 pound to remove a 2 bed house yes £75 pound for a full 2 bed house i know it sounds too chep thats what i said when she told me the price lol but thats all it was they were fantastic and i would def reccommend them if you want there number look it up in the yellow pages it is in sheffield adlington road s5

Don't know if you've sorted your move out now but try MV Services. They have done some work for me in the past. Really good friendly, reliable work, very low rates. The guy is Shaun and his number is 07828 735733

Hello there,

Another recommendation for Avante Removals. We have used them several times both locally and down to Devon. We got them through recommendations on the Forum and can honestly say they are the ones to use, Proper lorries (not vans), so everything done in one trip, everything covered up and they supplied boxes and crates. Extremely polite amd professional, something us old 'uns really appreciate. They are on 0114 2888314.

We used this advice when booking removals companies, was very much appreciated. Had several companies coming out to quote but only 2 of them actually showed documents proving their insurance. Also, we learned the importance of 'terms and Conditions'. It amazed me how many just offered a verbal quote, or even one on an email without even a mention of terms and conditions. Do be very careful as these can suddenly be ammended when something happens like delays or breakages. One had an excess of £200.00 per item!!!! And another would only offer a maximum £300 per item or £30.00 per box (I worked out 1 box of DVDs was worth about £500.00) In the end the move cost a bit more than I thought it would but I was happy as we had a copy of the terms with all the limits on it, a secured booking and proper insurance cover. Oh, and check how many vehicles the company has. If they only have 1, what happens if it 'breaks down'? A neighbour of ours a few years ago had this the morning of the removals and spent a frantic hour and a half looking for an alternative, only to see the one and only vehicle of the company they had booked doing a move in the city centre. Apparently this is common practice if a more lucrative job comes up!!

Surely SBS have been taken over by the national company 'Clockwork' who also now own Lawlers and will buy any struggling largish removal company.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The way to avoid the lads with vans is to ask if they've got an O licence and 7.5 tonne trucks, at least with that one question you wont end up with someone turning up with aTransit or worse, and having to do multiple trips. Plus the fact that they have an O' licence means they have to be 'Of reputable repute' and have a registered address,and to a certain extent have their vehicle checked regularly by VOSA [The old ministry of transport]

Its amazing how mobiles go unanswered in the event of claims, plus goods in transit insurance is very very expensive.

SBS were superb for us when we moved. Nice staff, hard workers.

same here, they moved us twice now, cheapest price by miles, very proffessional, even put an extra man on the job because we had some heavy stuff! spot on quoting the van space and amount of boxes we would need.

Well eventually we settled on Avante Removals. We were very pleased with the service we received when they moved us into Big Yellow then back out again a few weeks later. The quote we had was reasonable and included everything. I'd definately use them again and recommend them to others!

2 Men 1 Van,fully insured with goods in transit insurance, we can provide 1 man or 2 at a price to suit your budget,See our full advert in the business directory,Cheers dave

thoroughly reccommend dave, hes moved me, no arseing about hes quick and efficient, got all stuff 2 cover your settees etc, and hes damn reasonably priced.

And no Im not related 2 him or work for him but credit where its due :)

We used Lindways in Feb when we moved, great people and the cheapest around.