Removal Firms - know a good one?

I am moving home first week in April - does anyone know a decent and affordable removal firm? Sheffield S8 xx

merrills 2348466 or cmc 2645140&07751382893

I can recommend van man on here, for a reliable, friendly, affordable service.

He moved some stuff for me recently and couldn't have been more helpful, in fact did and carried way more than he quoted me for but wouldn't take a penny more from me.

SBS were superb for us when we moved. Nice staff, hard workers.

Arrow removals stored my stuff and were reasonably priced and didnt even complain at me being on the second floor! 08001979397

SBS were superb for us when we moved. Nice staff, hard workers.

:hihi: i'll second SBS, brilliant lads and hard workers

Surely SBS have been taken over by the national company 'Clockwork' who also now own Lawlers and will buy any struggling largish removal company.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The way to avoid the lads with vans is to ask if they've got an O licence and 7.5 tonne trucks, at least with that one question you wont end up with someone turning up with aTransit or worse, and having to do multiple trips. Plus the fact that they have an O' licence means they have to be 'Of reputable repute' and have a registered address,and to a certain extent have their vehicle checked regularly by VOSA [The old ministry of transport]

Its amazing how mobiles go unanswered in the event of claims, plus goods in transit insurance is very very expensive.

Edited by Odd-jobs

Prestige Removals!!

I have just used them and they are Brill!!

At the minute they are doing a FREE packing service, Dismantling service and a disconnection service!!

All the above i have used and they are Brilliant!!

If you are not going very far , hire a vehicle and do it yourself with a few friends.

hiya try tony ( van man sheffield ) 07789831253, he helped me move from halifax back to sheffield, very nice guy n so are the lads that work for him, decent prices too, ring him for a quote

D & K

I used Avante Removals - http://www.avanteremovals.co.uk - when I moved from S13 to S8 last summer and can't recommend them highly enough. They were polite, quick and very reasonably priced. They even dismantled my wardrobes at the other end as they woulnd't fit up the stairs, then put them back together in the bedroom.

Would definitely use them next time I move.

A x