Calling all Steelers ice hockey fans

What ever Steelers are the best and scimitars are rubbish! If you didn't all ready know steelers are at ice sheffield on friday :rant:

I don't know which saddens me most, the fact that you are a moron, or the fact that you are a moron who supports the Blades.

Your viewpoint is sadly all too common amongst Steelers fans, many of whom have no interest in the wider hockey world.

A long term supporter of Steelers /Scimitars was verbally abused by one of your fans in Whitley, for having the temerity to wear his Scims top.

In terms of your comments about financial difficulties, people who live in glass houses etc.

When I was a supporter of the Steelers, I always wondered why everybody hated us so much, now I know.

I don't know which saddens me most, the fact that you are a moron, or the fact that you are a moron who supports the Blades.

Your viewpoint is sadly all too common amongst Steelers fans, many of whom have no interest in the wider hockey world.

A long term supporter of Steelers /Scimitars was verbally abused by one of your fans in Whitley, for having the temerity to wear his Scims top.

In terms of your comments about financial difficulties, people who live in glass houses etc.

When I was a supporter of the Steelers, I always wondered why everybody hated us so much, now I know.

I enjoy watching the scims but when people like you engage in childish name calling I can see why their is so much animosity between the fans.please grow up and debate without lowering the tone.

As to the OP I agree that all ice hockey fans should get behind the local teams even if its not your favourite team,after all they are a Sheffield club and as such worthy of our support.

oh dear some people obviously don't like the t ruth try asking the owners of the sheffield scimitars if they are in financial difficulty see what there response is, it is a well known fact has been all season have you all had your eyes shut must have, never mind perhaps you can lend the money off the steelers for season if you scimitars lot survive that is

you are the moron supermac you are probably one of these people who supports the owls well if so gonna be a crap season for you the owls are going down the scimitars no longer oh dear.

schimitars are rubbish so why would anyone go to watch them

Oh dear, blade fan who can't spell. I don't think we need your sort at our game anyway. Byeeeeee!:)

And, on a more positive note, please do come along and watch a great young team in action. The lads play their hearts out every week, and deserve your support.

Edited by Vulcan B2

seems to me that ''alen65'' is about 13 ? and a bit :loopy:

LETS GO SCIMS !!!! :hihi:

schimitars are rubbish so why would anyone go to watch them

Well i go to watch them........

Most Ice Hockey clubs are in financial trouble, both EPL & Elite League level, the resoning behind Basingstoke & Manchester dropping down a league this season. Most Scimitars fans are fully aware of how tight things are & this is shared with us by the owners. We don't all live in cloud cuckoo land like some person that has posted on this thread. As for lending money from the Steelers, where have they got all this cash from. Was it not for Bob Phillips, where do you think Steelers would be right now. Things are getting desperate, giving 100's of free or cheap tickets away to boost attendances..... sounds familiar alen65, you'll know all about this being a Blades fan. Obviously being a Blades fan you have a good sense of humour but just because someone has a different view, doesn't make them an Owls supporter. Owls are having another bad season but look at your own team alen65, don't look like making play offs this season.... now that's what I call progression!!!!! Blackwell ?? A bigger joke than you alen65

Really!!!!!!

I was at Whitley Bay for the last game, and I can guarantee that there was no-one abused for wearing a Scimitars shirt.

So because you follow the Scimitars, you automatically have a full interest in the wider hockey world? Think it's time you put your paint brush away, and stop tarring everyone with your opinion.

Why? - Hockey teams have been in financial difficulties for as long as i've been watching hockey in Sheffield, and the rumour about the Scimitars not being here next season i've heard from a few people who watch more EPL hockey than me, infact two of them are involved in clubs within the EPL (and people who I trust)

One other reason I don't watch the Scims as much as before, has been the aggressive attitude from scims volunteers and the fans of the scims (infact, I think one of the posters on here has been known to be aggressive to Steelers fans) and you wonder why there is a low opinion of the Scims from Steelers fans!

And out of all this, I feel sorry for the players, as they do give they're all, and some of them will be wearing the Steelers colours in future years. It is all well and good people within the Scimitars complaining about the supposidly lack of 'respect' from Steelers fans, but from what i've witnessed, I'm not sure the organisation* and it's fans deserve it tbh, the players do of course - but i'm not sure about those who portray to be fans of 'Sheffield Hockey' and have a passionate interested in 'the wider picture' - seems to me that the 'wider picture' is a one way street to some!

The Steelers are the biggest ice hockey team in Sheffield by a long way.They are one of the most successful teams in British hockey! What have the Scimitars ever done?

160 odd people came to see the Scims play Coventry lets see how many come to see the Steelers play Coventry at Ice Sheffield on Friday!

The Steelers will not play out of Ice Sheffield on a permanent basis as it doesn't have enough seats to accommodate there season ticket holders let alone the rest of the Steelers fans!

The Steelers have had a poor year by there high standards but still managed to finish 3rd in the euro cup (that makes them the 3rd best club side in Europe)

Steelers or scims that's like your pub team V Manchester united lol!

It May come as a shock to the happy clappers but not everyone is happy about the "New owners" and the direction that the scimitars have taken this season.A lack of money for imports and good British players has seen the best of them go to the Steelers. Ben Wilson? come on he is a kid that was playing for Sutton Sting and before that in Nottingham's 18b team.I suppose you get what you pay for! The coach has lost the plot!

I don't think the Scims will be in the EPL next season as they have not many fans and the owners don't have any money to invest, Its a shame but that's just how it is.

I used to watch the scims and the Steelers but now I only go to the Steelers. TAKE MY ADVICE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND WATCH THE STEELERS!

Come on you scim dogs tell me I'm wrong I'm ready for your insults.:roll:

Edited by Queens Rd

The Steelers are the biggest ice hockey team in Sheffield by a long way.They are one of the most successful teams in British hockey! What have the Scimitars ever done?

160 odd people came to see the Scims play Coventry lets see how many come to see the Steelers play Coventry at Ice Sheffield on Friday!

The Steelers will not play out of Ice Sheffield on a permanent basis as it doesn't have enough seats to accommodate there season ticket holders let alone the rest of the Steelers fans!

The Steelers have had a poor year by there high standards but still managed to finish 3rd in the euro cup (that makes them the 3rd best club side in Europe)

Steelers or scims that's like your pub team V Manchester united lol!

It May come as a shock to the happy clappers but not everyone is happy about the "New owners" and the direction that the scimitars have taken this season.A lack of money for imports and good British players has seen the best of them go to the Steelers. Ben Wilson? come on he is a kid that was playing for Sutton Sting and before that in Nottingham's 18b team.I suppose you get what you pay for! The coach has lost the plot!

I don't think the Scims will be in the EPL next season as they have not many fans and the owners don't have any money to invest, Its a shame but that's just how it is.

I used to watch the scims and the Steelers but now I only go to the Steelers. TAKE MY ADVICE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND WATCH THE STEELERS!

Come on you scim dogs tell me I'm wrong I'm ready for your insults.:roll:

Do you not think that it is a personal choice when it comes to supporting a particular team? And do you not realise that you have no right to tell people which team to support? I go to every Scims home game, and a good few away games. However, I would not dream of telling steelers fans to change their allegiance! I go to the Scims because I enjoy the family atmosphere, and the team give 100% on every game. The results do not always reflect that, but that's hockey for you.

Now if I were to take your advice and "save my money" and "go and watch the steelers" then I would be spending around £15 for my ticket, and about £6 to park (unless I parked for free at iceSheffield like so many steelers fans do). It is free for me to park at iceSheffield, (if there are any spaces left) and £8.50 to watch the game. Do the maths, and then tell me to "save my money":hihi:

For goodness sake, let's get some perspective in all this!

My OP was merely intended to try to drum up a bit of support for the Scimitars as the Steelers have a blank home weekend, although as has been said, one of the away games is only at Nottingham.*

We then got Neanderthal Man giving us the benefit (?) of his views and it's gone downhill from there!

No-one has suggested that the Scims are or ever will be as good as the Steelers, and no-one is in any doubt about te parlous state of the Scims finances and we are well aware of the rumour about the ENL.

But why do we have to bring the 'tribal' thinking of football into ice hockey? Why can't you support both teams? Why do we hve to have this 'we're better than you' mentality?

The Scims are completely different to the Steelers. They're mainly young lads for a start, just making their way in ice hockey whilst the Steelers are established stars. We know that the end product probably isn't as good as is seen at the Arena. So what?

Put your petty animosities aside and just support Shefield ice hockey, whether it be Steelers or Scimitars. **

Edited by Saxon
Spelling