Possible bus strike first

Sounds like Randy would be happy to send young kids back up chimneys..eh boss..union bully boys indeed...management who intimidate their workforce with the disciplinary procedure are the real 'bully boys' IMHO :thumbsup:

I will second that, if you lived in fear of losing your job day to day, you may to wanto sort out the disciplinary procedure, sadly when first go on strike most people in sheffield start rumours that its for pay, and the management back this up to make it look like the drivers are the ones who are the orges.

Nice to see managers with a bit of backbone for once who refuse to be intimidated by the union bully boys. Well done First!
tell me whereyou work i will apply for managment position then sack you because your wearing wrong colour clothing or anything i feel like that morn, because thats whats happening at first, if you dont believe it put a thread on here for drivers sacked unfairly by first then see the replies hope you got a year off work.

yes but the managment are painting the picture of the drivers always being at fault, and because Sheffield forumers and the Sheffield Public hate us, they will side with managment as they dont lie to them, do they?

The discipline procedure is as follows: verbal warning, written warning, final written warning, dismissal. But because management are going straight for the dismissal option, the strikes keep coming but the management can't see this. If they followed the procedure, there would be no problems. They feel so hard done by when the union dedcides to strike.

yes but the managment are painting the picture of the drivers always being at fault, and because Sheffield forumers and the Sheffield Public hate us, they will side with managment as they dont lie to them, do they?
the public dont hate me i cant drive a bus so the us business don't exist, my mate did for first and left well was pushed by the weasel in the office, had him in for a little incident of him allegedly leaving a passenger behind, yet when his solicitor asked for the complainents name there was no name given as it was a drummed excuse like many others to make the jerk look as tho his job was neccessary, also like in a statement given he'd had no previous meetings with jerk, or other jerks in office, straight to resignation but he wouldn't resign and had to be dismissed the case is still on going.

Nice to see managers with a bit of backbone for once who refuse to be intimidated by the union bully boys. Well done First!
wheres randy big mouths back bone eh?? spineless and gutless can't answer a simple thread, a job should be treat for what they are to pay bills and keep in comforts you work for other than that no firm deserves dedicated workforces why should we when you get crapped on, them days are gone too.

well I for one support the bus drivers when they're on strike fair enough I use buses and rely on them to get about but there must be a reason for them striking and the unions wanting a strike action all we hear is the managements side of things on the news etc wheres the drivers voices nobody lets them speak and give their side of things because if they did they would most likely be in fear of losing there jobs. I just hope First pull there finger out and respect the drivers and the customers enough to stop treating them like there nothing! but i wont hold my breath.

You would have thought the union officials would know how long a strike ballot notice is valid.

The discipline procedure is as follows: verbal warning, written warning, final written warning, dismissal. But because management are going straight for the dismissal option, the strikes keep coming but the management can't see this. If they followed the procedure, there would be no problems. They feel so hard done by when the union dedcides to strike.

And when did an ex first driver win an employment tribunal case for unfair dismissal? Just that the trade union don't like there being a procedure