The Fuel Gay Nightclub Megathread.

Hi Guys,

We are Danny and Carlton, we look after the entertainment and marketing for Fuel.

We are glad you are all interested and excited about the club!

We can see you all have loads of questions and if i can i will answer them for you.

Fuel is coming to sheffield to obviously expand in a business sense but we unlike most businesses we also have some other very clear objectives with everything we do.

We are firmly committed to building the 'community spirit' within the gay community and doing whatever we can to make life a bit better for our community.

We try our hardest to continually bring new ideas, entertainment and concepts to the scene. After two years with our crowd in Hull we are the busiest we have ever been.

This is purely because we don't just sit on our arse's, draining the money from the gay scene. We reinvest most of so that we can all benefit from an amazing venue and some awesome nights out!

The owners and team are gay clubbers too and we want to have as much fun as you do!

Our ethos is totally genuine.

Don't get me wrong, no one is perfect and we all make mistakes but we will always try our hardest to be the best we can be!

With regards to Fuel Sheffield, we are here for the long term.

We would like you to accept and support us just as much as Hull have.

In return we will give you a venue to be proud of and a community and scene that other cities will be envious of!

We believe that Sheffield is the 4th largest city in the country, then we want you to work with us to make the Scene AT LEAST the 4th best gay scene in the country as well!

You will all have to come and have a look at the venue to make your own minds up about what we do. We don't expect to please everyone but we will try to delight most of you!

We want this to be a long journey and there will be teething problems etc but we will always try our hardest to do right by the gay community.

Regarding our building, formerly purple, we are fully aware that the place has a reputation. This will not change what we have to offer. Our door team are second to none and you can rest assured that we do not have fights. in two years in hull i don't remember anything more than the occasional domestic.

ATTITUDE FREE IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY!

The area around Fuel and it's neighbouring venues have either closed, quietened right down or are decent venues with decent customers. therefore we feel the location is now one of the most suitable in the city.

Our membership policy is strict and it does run in Hull as well.

This is for numerous reasons namely...

To stop idiots getting in...

membership gives our doorteam the excuse to turn idiots away without having to pick fault with them and cause a scene on the front.

Keeping you informed...

so we can let you know what is going on at the club, we collect you're details and mailout, text and send you eflyers.

WE WILL NOT GIVE YOUR DETAILS TO ANYONE ELSE!

The Law...

to help us detect underage drinkers and other people who break licensing law.

DOOR CHARGE

We do charge on the door at weekends and for nights in the week where there is special entertainment. we try to give you the best entertainment and it costs us lots of money! You will be getting your monies worth!

More details will soon be on the website and sent out to our members.

DECOR

We have decided to keep some of the best features of the building, and eliminate the worst, overall, a cool, clean, clubby environment. Fuel is being transformed from what the previous businesses looked liked. it will be cool, trust me!

We continually refurbish our venues, Hull has had two refurbs in two years! Things will improve month on month with your support!

right, our fingers are knackered and we have floors to sand so we are going to have to leave it there. if you have any questions please email

info@fuel-sheffield.co.uk

or check out the website as shown in the first post in this thread.

we all look forward to throwing open the doors on thursday 25th august and can't wait to meet you all!

Stick with us Sheffield, you are in for the ride of your lives!

ps. if you fancy a night out of town, you can always check out Fuel in Hull to see what is in store for you!!

:thumbsup:

Sounds good to me.

One other question you haven't answered,

Would a member be able to bring a couple of mates in with them who wern't members ?

(I can't see my straight mates wanting to become members of a gay club)

sorry,

yes members are cool to bring guests, there isn't a limit.

cya soon

;)

Excellent, i cant wait to see wht its like!

Good luck to the owners :-) im sure if its as good as it looks (organisationally anyway), then im sure the sheffield LGB community should support it!

well this sounds too good to be true, we have not anything like this for ... well...decades.

I cannot wait until the 25th.

:thumbsup:

well that's a relief cos most of my mates here won't apply for membership!

Best of luck to you for the future, hopefully now gay sheffieldians won't put you off! they are a lovely bunch really..

can't wait for my first fuellling!

:heyhey:

Any body know whats happening to the old purple club?? see abit of work happening but not seen anything about it??

if anyone knows let me kno

Kristian, why have you got an alien George Michael for your avatar ?

Originally posted by nick2

Kristian, why have you got an alien George Michael for your avatar ?

Says the man with a cartoon pink cat! ;)

Originally posted by Kristian

Says the man with a cartoon pink cat! ;)

Don't worry Nick2, it could be worse...

Someone on the forum once threatened to 'kick my big, fat, pink, hippo ass' !

tsk, tsk.