Launch of Sheffield CIL (Centre for Independent Living)

:P If any Sheffield citizens with a disability, or an interest in disability would like to attend the Launch of the Sheffield CIL on Thursday 18th March from 10.30 am - 1.30 pm at the Salvation Army Citadel on Psalter Lane, please get in touch with [email protected].

Im disabled young lady and fairly new to sheffield, im interesting in any disability events. sorry but dont know what CIL is,unfortunately ive got two appts that day, would there be any others in the near future

:P If any Sheffield citizens with a disability, or an interest in disability would like to attend the Launch of the Sheffield CIL on Thursday 18th March from 10.30 am - 1.30 pm at the Salvation Army Citadel on Psalter Lane, please get in touch with [email protected].

Perhaps you could give a little more information about CIL? What is it - a place where you can go to for advice (about benefits, aids for disabled people, etc), will there be equipment there for people to try out?

Is it only going to be open for events, or is it going to be somewhere with regular opening hours?

I have had a look on t'interweb, but the only thing my search turned up was your original post!

(I did try e-mailing you, but got a delivery failure message!)

Edited by Dozy

As a member of sheffield cil, once I have posted 5, will send independant messages to give more info, we are looking for new disabled people to join us. I am a trustee and a member of the board.

Remember its not what life gives you, its what you give to life.

As a member of sheffield cil, once I have posted 5, will send independant messages to give more info, we are looking for new disabled people to join us. I am a trustee and a member of the board.

Feel free to post info on this thread. That way we all get to know more!

please can I also have some more information about CIL from anyone in the know. thanks