St Quentin Close, Bradway & Norton Lees Lane

Hi again all. I'm still trying to find somewhere for my mum to live as she keeps getting out bid on all the houses so far.

Next options are

St Quentin Close, Bradway

or

Norton Lees Lane

Any info on what these two streets are like? Any known problems in those areas?

Many thanks

J

Edited by aNTAcid

I'd go for St. Quentin of the two. Nice and quiet, the houses seem to shift quickly. No problems that I'm aware of. (Some great views of the Peak District too!) And it falls within the magic S17 postcode too, which would probably make selling on later easier, coupled with not being far from Sir Harold Jackson School.

Edited by perplexed

I'd go for St. Quentin of the two. Nice and quiet, the houses seem to shift quickly. No problems that I'm aware of. (Some great views of the Peak District too!) And it falls within the magic S17 postcode too, which would probably make selling on later easier, coupled with not being far from Sir Harold Jackson School.

Lived near both of these in my time. Depends what you are looking for in an area?

Bradway is a literal stone throw from countryside but Norton Lees is a short trip to Greaves Park. Me personally I liked Norton Lees but there's nothing wrong with Bradway. It's like comparing meerkats....sorry two bottles of fine wine. Both have their merits...it's just which you tend to sway towards in the end.

I would wait and persist with the areas you were looking at previously such as Crosspool, Dore, Fulwood etc..

st quentins try being forceful with estate agents by putting in a reasonable offer and asking for it to be taken of the market?? worked for friends of mine worth a try?

Im working on a 5 bed bungalow in s10 that will be going on for around 350k if she has anymore money under her bed haha!

My brother used to live on St Quentin , and my son now lives at norton lees, both bradway and norton lees are ok, most houses on the St Quentin have steep drives and gardens, so that one thing to take into account, and norton lees have lot of houses with only on street parking, apart from that, both are nice area's to live, its just a bit posher at bradway, then norton lees.