Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

What's the deal with the newly renovated Telephone House/car park underneath on Charter Row.

Seems to be shown as retail in the new plans, although not in the first phase.

Maybe the intention is to gut the manky car park below and make that retail, and leave the flats untouched above.

Speaking of manky car parks, I would be happy to see the demolition of the car park above Berlins (as was, or Hofbrauhaus to you even more oldies...). It's a real eyesore in an otherwise smartened up area.

AS the consultations for the first phase appear to have been between, 13 July 2016 and 9 August 2016.

Maybe that is why

Or maybe irrelevant :confused:

Its noticeable that there are no comments on this thread since the news yesterday. Are we all tired of the whole thing now?!

http://www.sheffieldretailquarter.com/have-your-say

Poor headline from the Star - I for one didn't even read that story because it looked like a nothing story. Had I known it was actually reporting that outline permission had been granted then I would have opened it and shared it on here. Bit naughty/poor of them.

So has Sevenstone just become one office block (for HSBC) with a few shops on the ground floor?

call it phase 1 to make it appear there are other phases to follow. :huh:

Not heard a peep from Julie Dore or SCC lately??

Brexit would provide the latest excuse for no progress

exactly what I thought , add to that closing down the roundabout to make a public square ,causing even more traffic . phase 1 , who are they trying to kid ? and yes , Julie Dore has vanished from the face of the earth

Apparently they've got a new contractor: BAM

According to a press release from the council:

BAM will develop first phase of new Sheffield Retail Quarter (22 March 2017)

Sheffield City Council has confirmed BAM’s role in helping to develop the City’s ambitious Sheffield Retail Quarter (SRQ).

An Sheffield City Council spokesperson said: “Bam has been selected as the main contractor for the first phase of the Sheffield Retail Quarter, which includes a new city centre location for HSBC and associated retail and business units, and are currently appointed under a pre-construction services agreement.

“Work on site has started on the first phase of the SRQ, which includes 160,000 sq ft of office space and around 57,500 sq feet of retail space. HSBC has signed as the anchor tenant on a 15-year lease which commits a vitally important employer to the city centre. Main construction activity is due to start shortly with completion of the building and new public realm is due in the first half of 2019.”

http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/8223-2/

wow , no start dates , no completion dates , no high tail retailers waiting to move in . and still after all these years , we wait for progress

Nearly One year later..... A new Masterplan will be revealed..in 12 months time:thumbsup: