Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

Hahaha the same thing was said to market traders, and it turned out to be poundland and iceland. Maybe it will be legoland next lol

Do you two live together or something? Always posting the same anti-council message, just shortly after one another? ;)

You'd be hard pushed to find any pro-Council messages on this forum. The fact that two people in a row post their dislike of the Council in a thread is merely the start of a queue. Anyone who gives them the thumbs-up either works for them, or gets backhanders. :P

You can't please all of the people all of the time. Or in the case of some Sheffield Forum posters, you can't please some people any of the time. I can see why they don't bother listening to that demographic, what would be the point :hihi:

It's more empty meaningless non committal drivel. They are lost, and desperately trying to maintain some facade of competence. but let's wait for the big announcement in autumn- unless the schedule has to change for reasons beyond their control possibly.

Latest news from julie dore.."several high end premium retailers have expressed an interest...but we can't reveal the names for commercial reasons"!............."A development partner is scheduled to be announced in autumn".........

???????????

High End retailers to SCC means

Poundland

Greggs

Cash Converters

Aldi

Where as High End retailers to cities like Manchester and Leeds means

Harvey Nicols

Selfridges

Still, you can be certain the same old people will vote this council back in again at the next election meaning yet more comedy capers from Comrade Dore , Mothersole and boy blunder Bramall.

At least Jackie boy Scott had the grace to fall on his sword when he realised he was out of his depth .

High End retailers to SCC means

Poundland

Greggs

Cash Converters

Aldi

Where as High End retailers to cities like Manchester and Leeds means

Harvey Nicols

Selfridges

Still, you can be certain the same old people will vote this council back in again at the next election meaning yet more comedy capers from Comrade Dore , Mothersole and boy blunder Bramall.

At least Jackie boy Scott had the grace to fall on his sword when he realised he was out of his depth .

Sadly the people of Sheffield get what they need not what they want, the retailers do their research before investing anywhere and if they think they can make any money they will invest. You just have to read the forum and many of the posts are about where to get the cheapest anything and how most of the shops are just out to rip them off and how cheap things are on the Internet.

It is not the council who pick which retailers invest in this city it is the retailers who pick where to invest.

Penistone, I think you may have the early onset of Alsimers, your memory seems to be failing, I posted this reply some time ago in this thread

"Quote:

Originally Posted by Penistone999 View Post

But constantly voting for the same old muppets means nothing will ever change. This is a problem with the voters in a lot of northern towms and cities . The "my grandad voted labour and my dad voted labour ,so im voting labour " mentality is the reason why the north is lagging so far behind the south.

Your memory is not very good.

Peter Moore 1999 – 2002 Liberal Democrats

Jan Wilson 2002 – 2003 No Overall Control

2003 – 2007 Labour

2007 – 2008 No Overall Control

Paul Scriven 2008 – 2010 Liberal Democrats

2010 – 2011 No Overall Control

Julie Dore 2011 – present Labour

Please don't blame the people of Sheffield for only voting Labour, they do vote for other parties and then vote them out. You will find that the voters of Sheffield can be very fickle and change their allegiance quite often."

Remember, no matter who you vote for, the council always get in.

Edited by Blackbeard

Well it works for me.

This web page is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Very fitting.

Can I recomend a new internet provider, it works for me.

This web page is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Very fitting.

Maybe it's time to upgrade from dial up?

Oh dear. Jonny5....not alive!!!!!!