Bomb scare Stannington

It seems we have a bomb scare in Stannington,On woodfarm close .It is sealed off by the police.Anyone know anything?

Plenty of police walking round .It,s supposed to be a suspect package they are investigating.

I live near there too. I heard the package was ticking. I thought bombs only ticked in cartoons so not unduly worried. I don't think there's any real panic so wouldn't be too worried.

They have just done a controlled explosion on it.Big bang about five minutes ago.

They have just done a controlled explosion on it.Big bang about five minutes ago.

Cool. We're near myers at the moment but indoors so didn't hear owt. Shows how easy it is to cause havoc and expense doesn't it? Wonder whether it was totally innocent or someone causing trouble. Hope it was the former.

I live on the next road and heard nothing. Must have been a wet fart of a bomb!

i think its safe to say stannington isnt at the top of al qaeda's list. why people get all excited over someones packed lunch left in a warburtons bag is beyond me.

Just had some workmen here who said two of their joiners had been called out by the police to break into 3 flats on woodfarm close early this morning??????????????

This is strange isnt it, as its usually a quiet area.

is woodfarm near the high rise flats?

Edited by mh01