Were to buy food and bedding ect for ex batt chickens

they eat most things but cabbage and onions aren't so good for them and potato peelings must be cooked first.

try hanging broccoli and sweetcorn, they're normally faves.

thanks,they avnt stopped eating all day,they laid 4 eggs last night,they look really happy.

we have 12 hens and they stopped laying over winter now we are getting 5 eggs a day our nebiours love the eggs they get and family the hens get what i fetch back from fishing ie maggots , corn our lass spoils them with peelings rice old cakes

white maggots are a monthly treat for my lot... they're very good as a preventative measure against crop problems as they aren't digested straight away and will eat anything nasty lurking in the crop. The dye in the coloured ones are too great for them so white are best.

I get mine from the big angling place just by shedworld on Hellaby Ind Est. They weren't surprised to see me when I first asked for them, they said a lot of the local hen keepers buy them!!

If you fancy trying maggots then just ask for 1/4 pint which will be more than enough for a few hens. They'll be bagged up and the bag tied for you so all you need to do is untie the bag and tip them on the floor so you don't need to touch them if you don't want! (Doesn't bother me as I was brought up to go fishing, although I draw the line at putting them in my mouth!) And if you want to save some for later, stick them in a cool spot but don't tie up the bag, just poke a hole through at the top and hang them over something as they'll need to breathe!

:)

Edited by HenHugger

yu got it henhugger martin will look forward to the custom at wickerlsey angling great bloke to, what i do with mine is put em in a tub large enoght to take em and deep and leave the lid of they sit on my shelf in me greenhouse till need they will last for a few weeks before they turn to casters but dnt keep them any longer or you will have loads of flys around