Were to buy food and bedding ect for ex batt chickens

there are lots of places you can get food and bedding from.

Pets at home sell layers pellets as do jolleys although I find both a little pricey. I use brough mill but thats way out of sheffield. For bedding you can buy shavings straw etc form most petshops or by the bale from horse feed suppliers - depends how much you are looking for.

did you get some ex battery chickens, cus if not i can get you food and bedding and i have got some that i rescued a couple of weeks ago im charging £3 and that goes towards the feed and bedding for my other rescue chicks and the rest will help me rescue them again the chance comes

it depends which side of Sheffield you are on.

There's Hopewells at Hellaby, Rotherham, Parklands at Aston, Torne Valley at Tickhill, Horse & Rider at Crookes, Argo Feeds at Penistone, CWG at Worksop, Storrs Poultry at High Green, and plenty of places in between!!

There's Hopewells at Hellaby, Rotherham, Parklands at Aston, Torne Valley at Tickhill, Horse & Rider at Crookes, Argo Feeds at Penistone, CWG at Worksop, Storrs Poultry at High Green, and plenty of places in between!!

lol hen - i really couldnt be bothered to list everywhere as you can prob tell!! Thought i would list he obvious!

To the OP at least you have a good idea that there are a lot of places you can go to :)

did you get some ex battery chickens, cus if not i can get you food and bedding and i have got some that i rescued a couple of weeks ago im charging £3 and that goes towards the feed and bedding for my other rescue chicks and the rest will help me rescue them again the chance comes

yes thanks im getting them tommorow from henrehomers,there was a cancelation.

there are lots of places you can get food and bedding from.

Pets at home sell layers pellets as do jolleys although I find both a little pricey. I use brough mill but thats way out of sheffield. For bedding you can buy shavings straw etc form most petshops or by the bale from horse feed suppliers - depends how much you are looking for.

Would not buy straw etc from jollys with what i been finding in it.

nats, I know who you are now!! Let me know if you have problems getting anything and I'll get it in for you.

Jo :)

nats, I know who you are now!! Let me know if you have problems getting anything and I'll get it in for you.

Jo :)

cheers jo,they went streight in coop and 2 went and sat in nests,hope they ok tonight as there up at alotment.:)

I should point out that I also deliver poultry food etc. but unfortunately I can't get it in as cheap as some places.

I'm happy to quote you for stuff though if you're interested - on the plus side I deliver for free but like I say, I can't buy in as cheap as some places can.

do they eat raw vedge or cooked vedge? guna hang some in run.

they eat most things but cabbage and onions aren't so good for them and potato peelings must be cooked first.

try hanging broccoli and sweetcorn, they're normally faves.