Why do old people moan when drivers won't let them on the bus before

why do old people moan that the bus drivers won't let them on the bus before 9 but can stand at a bus stop for a good 5 to 10 minutes puffing away on a cigarette or be in the pub every night. I was stood at the bus stop the other day and aold person was there late 60 puffing away on a cigarette when the bus came it was 8.55 am the driver quite right in my opinion wouldn't let her on said it was not 9.00 she was moaning all the time while stood there,so i said you moan about paying full fare but you can afford a packet of cigarattes at £5 a packet or thereabouts told her she needed to get her priorties right instead of polluting everyone with her cigarette smoke.

As a child i remember askin an old bid what time the next bus was.... her reply.... it comes at 5 an 20 to, you dont hear that now do ya.. 5 an 20 past an 5 an 20 to.

Bit random an off topic but the thread of old uns an buses just reminded me of it.

I love threads like this, I'm in my 60's and have recently started to use my bus pass. It's not valid before 9:00 am, not rocket science, and who wants to travel in rush hour if they don't have to anyway? :huh:

The rules are fine, I find the service to be good, and it's bloody free for christ's sake, I'll see you at 9:01am. ;)

If more seniors where like you my job would be easier, but sadly they seem to start trying to board at 8.50am, and find enjoyment in calling us drivers Jobsworths or Jobworth Barstools if you get them angry enough :hihi:

Lets face it when you get to pensionable age, bus fare's should be free at any time.

Don't you think

Take care

Yeh right and then the bus fares would go up even more !!!!!

Free fares for people on dole and income support the list could go on and on .

Many asylum seekers have mental health problems as after effects of their 'previous life'. This can be debilitating and long term.

The rules for mobility passes are very strict and can only get one if your doctor signs a statement to say that you will be unable to drive.

There is also the consideration that there are many other types of passes that you show to the driver and unless you sit right at the front you will be hard pressed to find out which type they are using..

dull

Mmm not necesarily "your doctor" i presume you are meanig GP ,a vast majority of asylum seekers and failed asylum seekers who have mental health issues get their diagnosis by having been admitted on a mental health ward in hospital usually acute wards, a common diagnosis is post traumatic stress ,this is usually given by a consultant ,perhaps they have never been able to drive or had a car in the first place ,and as far as i know they are not allowed to work for 2yrs either but there you go another bit of useless information.

and what about "joe public" that cant get to work ontime cos all the buses are fulla freebie penioners ?
I doubt that, I'm a Senior, and don't get out of bed till after nine. Then again none of us get free anything in this country. We're expected to take care of ourselves and rightly so:)

I haven't even bothered to get a bus pass. - Buses are OK, but unless I can take my bike on one, they're not a lot of good.

My bike weighs 385Kg (dry weight) so even if I could get it through the door I couldn't pick it up to put it on the bus.

If more seniors were like you my job would be easier, but sadly they seem to start trying to board at 8.50am, and find enjoyment in calling us drivers Jobsworths or Jobworth Barstools if you get them angry enough :hihi:

Most of us are! Seriously, there can only be a few who want to travel when its busy. Its not like the shops are sold out if you don't get there by 9!

I hated having to stand on the tram when I was going to work, damned if I'll do it now. :roll:

They'd always be late too cos they take 10 minutes tio get on and off