Why do old people moan when drivers won't let them on the bus before

Well, I'm loosing faith in society, what with chelsea fans booing Wayne Bridge because he didn't shake the hand of a man who had been sh_ gging his wife and now Sheffielder's moaning about pensioners who most probably put their lives on the line during the second world war in order that you could travel to work.

I catch the bus to work every morning, and theres always seats available, and I give up my seat for an elderly person not like some other young people.

Your comments about the elderly are just unbelievable no respect whatsoever.

Take care

if you issue a "twerlie" before 9am on a weekday you have to cancel it , fill in paperwork & hand both parts in as a "ticket in error" to prove that ticket was not used before the prescribed time ... with all the severe disciplines going on , specially at first , why would/should a driver issue a senior citizen before 9am & face a "serious misconduct " charge ... OAP's KNOW THE RULES & TIMES i will never put my job in jeopardy for no one ... whatever concession is involved be that time wise or age wise !!

Wizzardofodd :- "OAP's KNOW THE RULES & TIMES"

They certainly do now :roll:

Take care

Some bus drivers do let them on before 9am i seen it before.Then soon has it is 9am the driver gives them a ticket, but i agree with the moaning bit it drives me mad also, they know it is not till 9am so why not just set of at 9am then be no problem. Our bus route in the morning is 55 mins and then 5past the hour then every 15 mins after, so waiting at the bus stop at 9am for the 5 past bus is better then waiting 10 mins out in the cold just because they can not get on the 55 mins past bus, but no you always see them walking down to the bus stop at quarter past just to take chance to get the 55mins bus.

Wizzardofodd :- "OAP's KNOW THE RULES & TIMES"

They certainly do now :roll:

Take care

might that not be lack of respect on their part for COMPANY RULES ... they are not my rules !!

my partners a driver,he says that what he does not understand is at weekends they can use their passes before 9am but you dont see that many catching the bus at that time compared to a weekday,because on a saturday the markets are open the same as a weekday,so when they can use it before 9am they dont,they push the boundries durin the week instead so they can moan at the driver about waiting till he gets to their age and waiting for a bus in the cold.just to get there 5/10mins earlier than anyone else.

I get your point but I feel the driver was still petty, having said that he probably couldn’t issue the ticket even if he wanted to if the time is printed on it.

That.ll be the reason rather than being awkward for the sake of it

my partners a driver,he says that what he does not understand is at weekends they can use their passes before 9am but you dont see that many catching the bus at that time compared to a weekday,because on a saturday the markets are open the same as a weekday,so when they can use it before 9am they dont,they push the boundries durin the week instead so they can moan at the driver about waiting till he gets to their age and waiting for a bus in the cold.just to get there 5/10mins earlier than anyone else.

The idea will be to get free up space and time during the rush hour before 9 with people going to work and school as a priority

You can issue the ticket on the machines, the driver uses the 'I can print it till 9am' excuse to stop being abused and called a jobsworth.

Depends on the machine. Old fashioned ones like first use can still issue them, but modern ones can not.

theres folk wanting to get to work

kids going to school

students goin to uni/college - buses can often have a full standing load

9am is is roughly the time most (not all) are in work / school / college ... unfortunately if an OAP has an early app't at hospital/docs etc they fall in the same category as anyone else on a weekday & have to pay

at all times remember , the driver does NOT make up the rules regarding time , nor do the companys for that matter !

as has been stated other areas its 0930 hrs so think urselves lucky in S Yorks

might that not be lack of respect on their part for COMPANY RULES ... they are not my rules !!

Make your mind up!

On the one hand you say they are notcompany rules....then you say they are.:huh::huh:

Well......this is one rising "twirly" that will tell you all to stuff your public transport. I would rather walk then suffer some of the nasty comments displayed here.

For all you young bloods......remember this......if you are lucky then you will become a "twirly" one day. The alternative is death!!!