Why do old people moan when drivers won't let them on the bus before

what "IF" they want to go out early?

They go out early, but they pay for the fare, seeing as their passes are not valid before 0900.

My nephew (in Derbyshire) has special-needs classes, at college, which start at 0845. he gets EMA (Educational Maintenance Allowance) which is cut, if he is late.

He can't use his mobility pass, as it's not valid before 0930 out there. So he has to pay for his bus fares to get there on time in a morning.

Sorry to hear that. It's a rubbish state of affairs isn't it.

It's a bit of a pain, yeah, it's a pity they can't do the classes in the afternoon only or something.

The positive side is that he gets a heck of a lot out of going to college, and his confidence and capabilities are enhanced by the support and help he gets there.

first operate services into derbyshire & mobility passes are accepted from start of service on any day

They go out early, but they pay for the fare, seeing as their passes are not valid before 0900.

My nephew (in Derbyshire) has special-needs classes, at college, which start at 0845. he gets EMA (Educational Maintenance Allowance) which is cut, if he is late.

He can't use his mobility pass, as it's not valid before 0930 out there. So he has to pay for his bus fares to get there on time in a morning.

Hi

I think you are mistaken Pt

http://www.bolsover.gov.uk/pdf/Gold%20Card%20Leaflet%202005.pdf

Edited by kidley

Heres me joining this thread thinking it was about the smell of stale wee and overboiled cabbage when it is down to the "Twirley" culture... hey ho... :hihi::hihi:

Hi PT

Have another look the one there now is Bolsover

Hi PT

it seems one is saying one thing and the other is contradicting it this is the first line on my Bolsover link.

Gold Card entitles you to half fare or free travel (depending on which card you qualify for) on almost every bus and train

service within Derbyshire, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

You can also use your Gold Card to travel to and from some towns and cities in neighbouring counties if the journey starts

How come what seem to be asylum seekers or immigrants get to use their free bus pass before nine o`clock, whether its true or false I dont know but a bus driver told me that their lack of English is considered a disability so they qualify as disabled!

When I was at college, I received some money (about £70) towards my travel expenses, because I had to catch the bus everyday. I also had a student bus pass so it was concessionary fare all day. This was nearly 10 years ago now, but I would look into it if your nephew is under 19 or disabled.

How come what seem to be asylum seekers or immigrants get to use their free bus pass before nine o`clock, whether its true or false I dont know but a bus driver told me that their lack of English is considered a disability so they qualify as disabled!

What happens if you are an 'asylum seeker or immigrant' and over 60? :)