Why do old people moan when drivers won't let them on the bus before

why do old people moan that the bus drivers won't let them on the bus before 9 but can stand at a bus stop for a good 5 to 10 minutes puffing away on a cigarette or be in the pub every night. I was stood at the bus stop the other day and aold person was there late 60 puffing away on a cigarette when the bus came it was 8.55 am the driver quite right in my opinion wouldn't let her on said it was not 9.00 she was moaning all the time while stood there,so i said you moan about paying full fare but you can afford a packet of cigarattes at £5 a packet or thereabouts told her she needed to get her priorties right instead of polluting everyone with her cigarette smoke.

I get your point but I feel the driver was still petty, having said that he probably couldn’t issue the ticket even if he wanted to if the time is printed on it.

Thats what old people generally do! They like to have a moan from time to time, My nan included.. it also sounds like someone else here does to.. and i am sure your not pention age yet are you...?

I get your point but I feel the driver was still petty, having said that he probably couldn’t issue the ticket even if he wanted to if the time is printed on it.

Any ticket issued before 9am to a pensioner wont get paid out by the PTE therefore the company loses money, the company has to claim the money back, the OAP wont pay so the driver gets the fare stopped out of there wages, Sheffield is lucky, most citys and towns dont allow free travel to OAP's untill after 9.30, simple solution would be for the Senior citizens to leave the house at 9am therefore they dont have to moan about waiting in the cold for there bus untill 9am.

Any ticket issued before 9am to a pensioner wont get paid out by the PTE therefore the company loses money, the company has to claim the money back, the OAP wont pay so the driver gets the fare stopped out of there wages, Sheffield is lucky, most citys and towns dont allow free travel to OAP's untill after 9.30, simple solution would be for the Senior citizens to leave the house at 9am therefore they dont have to moan about waiting in the cold for there bus untill 9am.

Isnt that what I said "having said that he probably couldn’t issue the ticket even if he wanted to if the time is printed on it."

Im an old Bloke and I know the rules, free rides dont start till 9 o`clock and any time Sat & Sunday so the driver was right.

The drivers cant issue a ticket before 9.00am because then the bus company wont get paid by sypte for carrying the oap. This is a loss of revenue to First and with all the "redundacys" and sackings thats going on at first, would you risk your job for the sake of 5 mins They know they have to wait till 9.00!

they like standing outside in the cold

i used to be a milkman and used to see them outside the post offices from 8 in the morning on pension day

The drivers cant issue a ticket before 9.00am because then the bus company wont get paid by sypte for carrying the oap. This is a loss of revenue to First and with all the "redundacys" and sackings thats going on at first, would you risk your job for the sake of 5 mins They know they have to wait till 9.00!

post 6 :roll:

More to the point, I believe that the machine simply will not issue an "OAP FREE" ticket if the clock says it isn't 9am yet. Even if the driver didn't care about First not being paid or the potential risks to his job, he still couldn't do it.

You can issue the ticket on the machines, the driver uses the 'I can print it till 9am' excuse to stop being abused and called a jobsworth.