Sheffield sayings and rhymes

Easy rockyblade baby, It comes from 'Pecan' a nut, Pecan Nut, dig?

Originally posted by rockyblade

My (legendary) Grandma used to call me a piecan when I was acting up.Still no idea where that came from and shes been gone 15 years.

Just found this under 'piecan'

It doesn't always do to let a mug know everything.

Can't you rumble? I can.

Look at Charlie Piecan.

He's a bloke as happy as the birds upon the wing.

Charlie don't believe in

Worrying and grieving.

He gave me half a quid a day or two ago, to back a horse.

The gee-gee came in last of course.

He doesn't grumble but takes his beating like a don.

He little thinks that I forgot to put the money on.

apparantly it is a music hall song from 1900's

Al Tell Thee Sommat

Me then future son in law who lived in leeds and was about 20 at the time thought pool was the bees knees and that at their age they knew it all so not to be outdone I sent him a little diity called “Pool My Arse”

Well Here We Go…………………..

Me Dad and Mam (God Bless Em)

Me dad god bless is art, grafted int pit, iz deeud nah, coildust didim in. deead befoor ee wer 68.

Me Ma (I Miss Thee) grafted in a factry glazin spanners. It did er fingers an ears in we all that shekin an noise , allus white them fingers wer wen it wer cowd

Me

Ah used te werk int fooerge, spent years theea an then yanks toook us oer an shut bleedin place dahn, dint geea ****e wotwer gunna appen terrus.

Ah used minoggin though an when a purrin ferajob be letter a used a spellin gadget.

Ah wungitaway cuz it **** elpmeh an used phone instead !!

Gorrajob as er pat tester an it wernt nowt like graft but ah dint gerron we it cuz tha were avin to scrawm abart under desks when people were sat at em ter get at computer wires. Seen up moor skirts in 6 munths than ah did int previous 45yrs.

Then a saw ad int paper, said thi wer a job guin fer sumdi who cud turn is and to a bit a mechanical and electrical,,, well a **** seh ad only grafted int fooerge fer 25yrs cud a or a wunt a got job so a teld a few porkies an bugger me if a dint get job.

Ah **** believe me luck, a gorra fortneet dahn in chard weer apples cum from so a cud av a guh ont machines but dahn thier thi er that laid back thad think thi were orizontel.

Well altelthi this..... after first week a were ****tin meesen cuss ad not played abaht wi a single machine an ad owny seen me new gaffer a couple er times.

E wer a bald earded bloke called gary an e dint seem arf as werried as ah wer.

Well av bin wi this lot oer 3 years nah an reckon am doin oreight.

Mi mates tek **** when a tell em am an engineer Thi seh its shortest bleedin apprentiship they no…. bleedin jealous gets !!

We gorra gud team an we all gerron. We even gorra kid in Scotland, eez oreight burree dunt alf talk funny, a dunt foller warease onnabaht aif the time,,,, dunt talk nowt like the rester us.

Them in chard talk reight posh like, an pete who’s in chard ee sounds like em that sing abaht that theer combine arvister an ee loves a gallon a scrumpy befour ee it’s the sack, a can sup thee odd un meself.

Av gorra new motor an av seen all oer this country, an warrabaht this….. a can gerrup ahta bed wennawant , acun come ooem wennawant , an savin best fer last, we av these meets twice a year weirwe get purrup at digs then we av a 10 minute chinwag abaht job an afta gerra scran an a pissup fer nowt,, ow dogs bollerks is that eh !!

Anyow back te warra sent suninlaw.

POOL ME ARSE

Snookers a mans game eye, none o yer mamby pamby panzy arsed pool fer us.

Wen ah wer alad it wer Ooem fromt graft int factry, ameel ontable an it wern't bleedin peetza anall. Ad never erd erum till awer 28.

Then ad tap meema for 30 bob an off we'd go t'workinmensclub fora few jars an a few frames after that we'd call at chippy an stuff us sen ont wayooem an ad probably still got tenbob left anall.

Them kids tuday dunt no thiwerborn,

Off te office an mostly bleedin dole office of a day an then it's ooh awonder wot wicangerarta freezer fertee.

An these days wen thigerroff t'pub they'll afto go te oil in wall an gerraload a cash coz unlike us men the daft sods sup bottles er pop at threeanarfquid abottle an that's noreven a bloody pint bottle, soft sods.

Theecallem alkerpops an av triedum anthats wot theyareanall, givem a pint athestuff we used te sup an theyd soon beeyonthebacks bleedinsoft thatswat theyare.

Ananotherthinganall wotthebleedinell is that racket they listentoo on them theer p pods , thump thump bleedinbang is all it is, theyll be deafasdoornobs afor they get te forty.

Am just glad avad meeyouth when adid.

An that were when men were men an SNOOKER were king.

I Thank Thee

Smiffy

p.s

Av got te seh eez turned inte a great lad an am proud te av lerrim get itched te me sprog.

Pps

I dunt think this spellchecker is any gud eether so I ope tha can mek it all aht.

sorry about the bloopers above ... the first is used all the time and refers to what comes out of your bottom.

The second is spelt like a part of a woman & means couldn't.

NO OFFENCE INTENDED {:-)) :blush:

My examples are ` Oo wart a wee las neet?'

and `Al gidee a bash on heead.' Also dannys for hands

and running about like a `scopril'.

Originally posted by sezlez

sorry about the bloopers above ... the first is used all the time and refers to what comes out of your bottom.

The second is spelt like a part of a woman & means couldn't.

NO OFFENCE INTENDED {:-)) :blush:

That's or eight lez, it wor a gud laugh readin it :D

My mum used to work in the co-op at Herdings and I'm always reminded of one day when a woman came in and asked one of the assistants

"Excuse me love, where's the Chip Oyal"

"Oh there isn't one round here anymore" came the reply "you'll have to go to Gleadless Townend"

"No" said the customer, "I mean where's the oil for cooking Chips!"

When hungry I'd ask "What's fer tea?". The reply was usually "Bread and pullit"

For years I thought pullit was some sort of cheap meat. Until I learnt that pull it meant stretching the bread further.

Originally posted by artisan

Just found this under 'piecan'

It doesn't always do to let a mug know everything.

Can't you rumble? I can.

Look at Charlie Piecan.

He's a bloke as happy as the birds upon the wing.

Charlie don't believe in

Worrying and grieving.

He gave me half a quid a day or two ago, to back a horse.

The gee-gee came in last of course.

He doesn't grumble but takes his beating like a don.

He little thinks that I forgot to put the money on.

apparantly it is a music hall song from 1900's

Glad I asked.......!:help:

Since it is coming up to Christmas (too fast) thought I'd give you

Christmas is coming the geese are getting fat

Please put a penny in the old man's hat

If you haven't got a penny ha'penny will do

If you haven't got ha'penny

God Bless you!

Mary

Here is another-

Hole in me stockin'

Hole in me shoe

Hole in 'at where me 'air pokes thro'

If you 'avent silver

copper will do

an 'avent copper then

GOD BLESS YOU

"Wot tha get for Christmas den". "A got summat to wear an summat to play wi." "Wot wer dat " A pair o trowses wi oyels in't pockit" :hihi::heyhey: