Where can i buy a steam cleaner?

im looking to purchase a steam cleaner and not sure where to get it from?

i need this for cleaning bathroom tiles, bathroom floors, greasy oven vents and other domestic jobs

i don't think a hand held one will be enough for what i want so can anyone suggest a decent steamer? im looking to pay around £60

tj hughes said they used to sell them but don't know if/when they will be getting more in

thanks!

I got mine from Makro years ago for about 80. It's really good - Earlex I think the name is.

£60 sounds like an atmospheric pressure cleaner (basically a big kettle, and great for cleaning carpets, operates below 100 degrees), but the cleaning you're wanting to do requires a pressurised model, which operates above 100 degrees, and costs considerably more

Google 'polti'

John Lewis sell a range and sometimes have people demonstrating them.

As Strix says, with a budget of only £60 you'll be getting a large kettle that doesn't turn off, which Argos always used to stock (haven't looked recently though). I've got an Earlex one which is about 9-10 years old and has been used by me, various family members and loads of friends for general cleaning, fridge defrosting, sanitising and wallpaper stripping and shows no sign of giving up the ghost yet.

However, it's not got pressurised steam which means that it takes much longer to produce steam than the pressurised ones and the steam that it produces is lower temperature and lower pressure than the pressurised ones and so it's less useful for things that take real oomph, like cleaning ovens and killing dust mites inside mattresses and carpets.

If you want a pressurised one then you can get a hand held one for your budget, but the large ones with the big tanks can cost upwards of £2-300.

I've had a Polti Vaporetto Eco 3000 for some years now, a right machine.

Cost a lot more than £60 though, perhaps you could get a second hand one ?

OH got ours from Netto ! Don't know how much he paid but it wouldn't have been much since he's a cheapscate !

Id try somewhere that does commercial cleaning stuff,such as killeys on west st.... Trade items usually work better than retail items as such