Anybody else had problems with First buses 25th February

i was comin back from town today i got the 75 from castle markets at 3pm going to meadowhead, the driver turned into where they change drivers, no new driver was there was waiting about 15mins, i asked the driver if a new 1 was coming he said '' yes eventually'' so i got off and walked upto tj's just missed another 75, had to get the 76 into woodseats, got off at tesco waited at least another 15mins, it said on the timetable a 53 was due then another was due in 2mins the due 1 didnt show, the other 1 did but was Packed!, i was late for picking my daughter up usually when i catch the bus at that time i get there early.

First Bus Service Is A Joke

Just Wish I Could Drive - it would be so much easier & id probs save a bit of money using fuel instead of buyin a weekly pass.

75/76 route has always had bad service either late or dont turn up, and sometimes 2 - 3 buses turning up at the same time.

i always complain but nothing ever gets done!!

another thing moaning minnies ... you can all do this , sit near the front look out of the window & take note of all the pig ignorant car drivers that ignore clearly marked bus lanes (timed or permenant) / bus gates / no right turns etc & other restrictions all this adds to delays !

just watch & take note , times are assessed assuming these restrictions are adhered to ... police drive past & do nothing many many times .. its about time the cameras on buses had a "feed" to some sort of enforcement beureau & each & everyone fined EVERY time they ignore a restriction !!

another thing moaning minnies ...

Suppose you never complain then

all the ignorant gits too that park in bus layby's ... it then takes extra time for elderly & infirm folk to board or alight

just take a look at some of the causes instead of blaming drivers/companys/PTE all the time

it will enlighten you quite a bit

bloody taxi driving scum are some of the worst for parking in bus stops .... & they will not move even if you have a person in a wheelchair to board or alight i'm sure plaintalker could back me/us up on this point

another thing moaning minnies ...

Suppose you never complain then

we are the ones that get complained at !!!!

how can i make them stop ignoring these restrictions ? you tell me!!

take a pic on ur mobile / jot down numberplates & locations of vehicles & report them ... might make someone sit up & do something if enough folk did it

well id just like to point out i use the number 22 service every day from nether edge to town and back and its a fantastic service!! - no complaints whatsoever, even in all the snow we had recently there was only 2 days it didnt operate on time during the day - well done first buses!!!

had this problem with the 97/98 recently ... one driver told me it was due to first not acknowleding the traffic problems and rush hour problems etc and not taking travelling time into account and told me to 'take no notice of the timetable' lol!!!

deffo the worst bus service ive ever had the displeasure to use (in sheff, used first in other cities been fine) and the most expensive

if only i had the money to start my own bus company it cant be hard to be better than them lot

or enough to buy a car?:hihi:

The 53 service to Low Edges did seem erratic yesterday - I was waiting for a 43 on Queens Rd, and noticed the 53s were all over the place, and the 43 was about 20 minutes late too, so I can only guess there are roadworks somewhere. I've also noticed there has been a large traffic jam on Shoreham Street (part which runs past BBC studios) from St Marys Gate the past few days in an evening. Maybe that has something to do with it?

lol id like to correct you there ... they do !! EG.. from town to B&Q on a 77 / 78 you get 10 mins , then 10 mins to saltbox lane .... ... afternoon peak hrs it is increased to 15 mins each point... 53 has increased running time to B&Q too(2 mins i think) & then 7 mins to the gate instead of 5 then 13 instead of 12 to monteney

its usually taken off stack time at one or both ends !!

So they dont get increased running time!!!

They just juggle the running time they have on the day!

So they still only get for example one hour, they just re-time that hour!

Changing the running time, doesnt mean they have increased it.

all the ignorant gits too that park in bus layby's ... it then takes extra time for elderly & infirm folk to board or alight

just take a look at some of the causes instead of blaming drivers/companys/PTE all the time

it will enlighten you quite a bit

bloody taxi driving scum are some of the worst for parking in bus stops .... & they will not move even if you have a person in a wheelchair to board or alight i'm sure plaintalker could back me/us up on this point

Yes, I'll back that one up, quite strongly, Wizzard, about the idiots who insist that the solid yellow line applies to everyone except them(!). (though in fairness, it's not always taxi drivers. it's cretins, full-stop, that do it)

It is a pain in the neck when the driver can't get the bus close enough to the stop to drop the suspension (to make the step gentler for the elderly or parents with pushchairs) and to get the wheelchair ramp out for a wheelchair passenger.

Yes, I'll back that one up, quite strongly, Wizzard, about the idiots who insist that the solid yellow line applies to everyone except them(!). (though in fairness, it's not always taxi drivers. it's cretins, full-stop, that do it)

It is a pain in the neck when the driver can't get the bus close enough to the stop to drop the suspension (to make the step gentler for the elderly or parents with pushchairs) and to get the wheelchair ramp out for a wheelchair passenger.

Plain Talker, as long as these people can save themself a walk they will park there, manor top is a prime example, they park bang in the middle of the layby and nip to cash point, bus comes along and cant get into drop the passengers off properly and then holds the tram up too, less than 100 yards down the road there is ample parking for people, but its just to much that walk for them.

Parking services dont seem to want to get involved though. . .

I'm used to this problem with blocked bus stops now sadly, I've developed strong shoulders and just lift the whole pram up myself, hell, I've even got it onto a bus that had steps a couple of times ;)