Anybody else had problems with First buses 25th February

I've just waited 45 mins for a number 20 with my daughter, which should be every 15/20 mins... Then, lo' and behold! 3 at once! Hey-ho, such is public transport. Can't wait to pass my test :)

As regards the 52, the Parkway was pretty much crawling this morning and traffic was backed all the way right through Handsworth towards Woodhouse.

As I headed back from town about an hour later it looked to be exactly the same.

Something has happened, not sure what.

Has anybody else noticed that first buses mainly 53 have been running upto 40min late today then 4/5 buses turning up at once? :rant:

Why don't you try standing on Penistone Road and looking at the traffic in a morning? Took me 32 mins to get from Halifax road to Rutland Road. Then there is Woodseats. What an absolute joke. Fifteen minutes to get through Woodseats. Too many vehicles all using the same way into Sheffield centre. So, no, for once it isn't the drivers fault.

Although I hate to give First any support or defence, there was apparently (as Fozzybear ^^ seems to be confirming) some major problems across the north of the inner ring road today. According to an email at work everything from a bit down Penistone road as far round as the junction between Derek Dooley way and the Parkway was girdlocked for quite a while. Hardly the bus's fault for getting into town at just the wrong time and for all the contingency plans you can make there's not a lot you can do if the buses just plain can't get through...

Sadly the bus companies dowt add any extra time on the running board at peak times, meaning a 5 oclock bus from town gets the same amount of running time as an 11 oclock from town, meaning when they get held up by the commuters driving home, then there is nothing that can be done by the Bus driver directly.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/NR/rdonlyres/EA559D56-253B-4F85-A353-2549C500FEE5/0/53SheffieldValidFrom1September2009.pdf

They do allow extra time. Just not enough.

Has anybody else noticed that first buses mainly 53 have been running upto 40min late today then 4/5 buses turning up at once? :rant:

nothing new there than lol

Why don't you try standing on Penistone Road and looking at the traffic in a morning? Took me 32 mins to get from Halifax road to Rutland Road. Then there is Woodseats. What an absolute joke. Fifteen minutes to get through Woodseats. Too many vehicles all using the same way into Sheffield centre. So, no, for once it isn't the drivers fault.

Who mentioned morning, actually it was gone twelve :confused:

Although I hate to give First any support or defence, there was apparently (as Fozzybear ^^ seems to be confirming) some major problems across the north of the inner ring road today. According to an email at work everything from a bit down Penistone road as far round as the junction between Derek Dooley way and the Parkway was girdlocked for quite a while. Hardly the bus's fault for getting into town at just the wrong time and for all the contingency plans you can make there's not a lot you can do if the buses just plain can't get through...

It has been like this for the past week.

sadly i drive buses for a living, and i get to see running boards, and at no point in the day do buses get extra running time.

lol id like to correct you there ... they do !! EG.. from town to B&Q on a 77 / 78 you get 10 mins , then 10 mins to saltbox lane .... ... afternoon peak hrs it is increased to 15 mins each point... 53 has increased running time to B&Q too(2 mins i think) & then 7 mins to the gate instead of 5 then 13 instead of 12 to monteney

its usually taken off stack time at one or both ends !!

my mom had same on tuesday 4 53 buses all came together they were waiting ages for one coming from ecclesfield so no traffic jams there

like has been mentioned .....go look for urself one day ..... penistone rd & that hellhole of a dump they call woodseats .... whoever designed that "traffic flow system" ought to have to negotiate it every day ... 1 bus pulls up ... cars go round it .... then nobody will let you out ... so all the time the next bus is catching you .... same again & the 3rd bus catches up etc & so on .... use a bitta common ... its hardly rocket science

just go & take a look at woodseats if ya dont believe it ... from low edges you get 8 mins to woodseats library on a 53 ..... you can only just do that at 5 in a morning ... NO CHANNY in daytime ... peak hours HAAAAA try it urself ... be quicker walkin it