Google Chrome thoughts

Only thing I don't like is the Google toolbar does not work with it.

Unless they have sorted that out as it's been a while since I used it.

Only thing I don't like is the Google toolbar does not work with it.

Unless they have sorted that out as it's been a while since I used it.

Google toolbar?

Type anything in the Chrome address bar and it brings up a google search.

Google toolbar?

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

:)

It's the single most user-friendly feature I've seen in any browser. I now find it hard using a browser where typing something in the main "bar" doesn't do a Google search.

Google toolbar?

Firefox does that any ways...

I don't like Chrome, it doesn't work properly with some sites I use (it renders them wrong) while IE and FireFox, Opera and Safari all render it correctly...

I reported the issue months ago, and it hasn't been fixed... It also had issues with java/javascript the last time I used it too..

It's the single most user-friendly feature I've seen in any browser. I now find it hard using a browser where typing something in the main "bar" doesn't do a Google search.

You can do that in Opera, although you can choose which search engine you use by putting a letter before your search i.e "g" for Google, "y" for Yahoo.

But then again I always use the google seach box embedded in the browser.

For me I think Chrome is funtional, fast and perhaps the safest browser,but ultimately is very bare bones basic compared to the feature rich Opera.

The other main issue is that Google phones home and keeps a track on every website you visit and not just what you searched for, yes Google swear it's just anonymous information for market research purposes, but for me it's a big no no.

Advantages:thumbsup::

Fast

Secure as it's sandboxed.

Disadvantages:shakes::

Very basic

Google phones home and keeps tabs on your browsing habits.

Edited by Kingmaker2

I also really don't see how you can find it complicated. I have just started using it today and instantly have found it user friendly and simple to use. I have been using firefox for some time now, which I thought was great but chrome seems so far to make the whole experience easier. Not to mention it starting up much faster.

I use Firefox, so its quicker than that is it ?

You can do that in Opera, although you can choose which search engine you use by putting a letter before your search i.e "g" for Google, "y" for Yahoo.

But then again I always use the google seach box embedded in the browser.

For me I think Chrome is funtional, fast and perhaps the safest browser,but ultimately is very bare bones basic compared to the feature rich Opera.

The other main issue is that Google phones home and keeps a track on every website you visit and not just what you searched for, yes Google swear it's just anonymous information for market research purposes, but for me it's a big no no.

Advantages:thumbsup::

Fast

Secure as it's sandboxed.

Disadvantages:shakes::

Very basic

Google phones home and keeps tabs on your browsing habits.

Kingmaker youve sworn by opera all the time havent you ?

I use Firefox, so its quicker than that is it ?

I found Chrome quicker on startup than FF

Kingmaker youve sworn by opera all the time havent you ?

Yep, to me Opera is the most complete browser, if you want great out of the box features then Opera is the way to go.

One of the best features for me in Opera is the magnifying glass.

How many times have you come across a website with tiny print, or you just want to read something a bit easier, like a phone number that you need to dial.

Not a problem with Opera, it zoom over 900% the size! and it magnifies the page properly unlike other browser magnifyers.

It's very good for analysing photos carefully too, such as the photos of the "ghost girl" that appeared in the press recently.

Edited by Kingmaker2

I found Chrome quicker on startup than FF

I do get irritated by slow start ups.:suspect:

Yep, to me Opera is the most complete browser, if you want great out of the box features then Opera is the way to go.

One of the best features for me in Opera is the magnifying glass.

How many times have you come across a website with tiny print, or you just want to read something a bit easier, like a phone number that you need to dial.

Not a problem with Opera, it zoom over 900% the size! and it magnifies the page properly unlike other browser magnifyers.

It's very for analysing photos carefully too, such as the photos of the "ghost girl" that appeared in the press recently.

I already have FF & IE, can I also have Opera ?