Google Chrome thoughts

So rather than 'complicated' I'd say you found it 'different'.

For me it does what a browser should do, it's fast and simple.

Easy access to history and downloads, multitab and storing bookmarks.

Fast and simple ?? you are joking right ?? Try Flock or Orca if you want an easy to use browser that uses firefox.. tried and trusted to have less issues than IE or Google...

Google phones home and keeps tabs on your browsing habits.

you can just switch that off.

I have google chrome and prefer it. Pat I suggest you download it and try it, it may be the right browser for you. You can see at a glance the most websites you visit..... guess which mine is???? I thought it would be facebook but its...... drum roll please........ Sheffield Forum :D. :hihi:.

Fast and simple ?? you are joking right ?? Try Flock or Orca if you want an easy to use browser that uses firefox.. tried and trusted to have less issues than IE or Google...

Nope, I never joke about browsers....;)

Flock or Orca? Let me guess, you don't trust big corporations such as Google or that antichrist Bill Gates.....? After all they're just out to get you, so you use underground browsers while in a room decorated in aluminium foil to keep the satellites away.

Flock or Orca? Let me guess, you don't trust big corporations such as Google or that antichrist Bill Gates.....? After all they're just out to get you, so you use underground browsers while in a room decorated in aluminium foil to keep the satellites away.

And with good reason. Do you not read the IT news sites?

In what way was that implied? They are both just cut-down versions of their parent browser.

And your badly-informed rant has all the hallmarks of someone who frankly hasn't got a clue about their online privacy & what the companies who hold your personal data will be doing with it (or who just plain & simple hasn't got a clue).

While the level of paranoia you suggest if obviously laughable some level of caution is more than sensible, especially considering the recent reports about Google Buzz & Google toolbar. While you could put their recent failings with Buzz down to naivity (if you believe that) their toolbar has been proven to still report back anything you search for when that option has been disabled.

All in all in this situation too much caution is infinitely preferable to none at all.

And with good reason. Do you not read the IT news sites?

Yep I do, and it really doesn't bother me. My major stand against big business is not having a Tesco Clubcard, which ironically would give much more information about my life than using Microsoft/Google products.

I'm happy with Windows 7 and Chrome, everything functions as I want it to and it's hassle free.

In what way was that implied? They are both just cut-down versions of their parent browser.

And your badly-informed rant has all the hallmarks of someone who frankly hasn't got a clue about their online privacy & what the companies who hold your personal data will be doing with it (or who just plain & simple hasn't got a clue).

While the level of paranoia you suggest if obviously laughable some level of caution is more than sensible, especially considering the recent reports about Google Buzz & Google toolbar. While you could put their recent failings with Buzz down to naivity (if you believe that) their toolbar has been proven to still report back anything you search for when that option has been disabled.

All in all in this situation too much caution is infinitely preferable to none at all.

Lol...The OP stated Chrome was complicated, I asked in what way?

Several posters confirmed they found Chrome easy and useful.

Lets face it, the vast majority of users don't care about the information gathering of Google, so therefore advocating the use of browsers (Orca etc) that service a tiny fraction of the online community smacks of geekyness. Next will be suggestions the removal of Windows and installing Linux next, so 'they stick it to the man'.

Anti-virus, Firewall and Spyware software is fine and a requirement for the less savoury aspects of being online.

However, think about this.

What does your broadband provider know about you? Probably, a vast amount more than Google.

I also use Google Chrome, have been for a few months now, i find it better then Fire Fox and Internet Explorer. One thing i do like is having all my favourite web pages i go on a lot that is listed on the main page has soon has i log on to it and it seems to run faster then the others i have used, so no more looking into my book marks for pages.

I also use Google Chrome, have been for a few months now, i find it better then Fire Fox and Internet Explorer. One thing i do like is having all my favourite web pages i go on a lot that is listed on the main page has soon has i log on to it and it seems to run faster then the others i have used, so no more looking into my book marks for pages.

Opera actually pioneered the favourite web pages, Google Chrome copied the concept off Opera.

Opera's version is called Speed Dial and is actually superior because you can actually select which websites you want.