Puppy wanted to grow up with my child..

http://rspcabarnsley.homeip.net/dogs.html

Does it have to be a pup. A two year old King Charles here! Looks lovely.

Why not give Sheffield dog pound a call if you've not already done that. They sometimes have pups dropped on them unexpectedly! The staff at rescue centres will be able to advise on the temperament of individual dogs. For instance, the King Charles on this website specifically states that it loves children. Good luck.

I think maybe a rescue centre will let you visit on numerous occasions so you and your child can spend time with a dog. It's in their best interest to match the right dog aswel :)

Why not give Sheffield dog pound a call if you've not already done that. They sometimes have pups dropped on them unexpectedly! The staff at rescue centres will be able to advise on the temperament of individual dogs. For instance, the King Charles on this website specifically states that it loves children. Good luck.

Awww that's a lovely looking dog, with good exercise and a good diet he will

be a fit and healthy doggie.

I have un wittingly caused quite a stir. This was not my intention. Thanks for all your replies. I will update you when I find a suitable doggie companion for my child.

Oh my word I could take most of them hounds home!!!! if you fancy the king charles I would get in touch asap, he wont be in rescue for long..I am lovin the Lurcher type pup!!!!!!!

I say lurcher ...whippet cross is the description which I believe is a lurcher!!!! LOL I think!!!!

I have un wittingly caused quite a stir. This was not my intention. Thanks for all your replies. I will update you when I find a suitable doggie companion for my child.
Sorry if my posts sounded harsh moondust - being kicked in the ribs for several hours by a small person who's almost cooked is making me a bit cranky

Good luck with your search, and I hope you find the right dog for you and your family :)

oh Strix it won't be long now...and it will be well worth it chic!!!! I remember how hard it is..my Archie was 10 days late!!!!! would wait forever and a day to get such a lovely little boy!!!! chin up chic and just enjoy the rest whilst you can x x x

Aaaarrgghhhhh!!! no! please! not LATE!!!!

*cough* we're getting a bit off topic :blush:

See - most of us do actually get along well round here moondust :thumbsup:

lol, we are geting a bit off topic!!!! just a quick note before we go back to or four legged friends.....just remember Strix they go in a cot and NOT a crate!!!!! lol

lol, we are geting a bit off topic!!!! just a quick note before we go back to or four legged friends.....just remember Strix they go in a cot and NOT a crate!!!!! lol

This is exactly why I'm not allowed to have kids...

I keep telling people who are new to the crating concept, that we put every child in the country in a cage and believe it's the safest place for them! What's the difference with a dog crate? oh, it's got a top on it coz dogs can jump :rolleyes:

We've set up the travelcot/playpen in the living room already, so Brude knows we're getting a new person arriving (not unlike when we foster rescue dogs :D )

He's already had a good look at the car seat and is wistful that he's a bit on the big side to get in it :hihi: