Cycling in Sheffield

I know this is irrelevant to road biking but Im looking for mountain biking people! I've just done my mountain bike leadership trainnig and need to do some leading experience. Anyone up for it?

Actually, if anyones just up for a ride give me a shout, I was planning on going out this weekends. Peaksward.

Tim

hi tim.just spotted your thread on forum and thought id contact u.i live at chapeltown and im looking for other mountainbikers for rides at wk ends and days out.i like the peaks and surrounding areas but new routes welcome.i have transport with towbar 2bk rack so can travel as well.can you contact me if your still doing rides cheers.get out n ride

hi im mick from chapeltown and im looking for mountainbike buddies/gals,for riding at wk ends and odd days.i like the peaks and surrounding areas for some off road riding,instead of travelling to cannock and dalby alltime.if anyones interested in meeting up for some days out on bike then drop us a line.cheers.

hi tim.just spotted your thread on forum and thought id contact u.i live at chapeltown and im looking for other mountainbikers for rides at wk ends and days out.i like the peaks and surrounding areas but new routes welcome.i have transport with towbar 2bk rack so can travel as well.can you contact me if your still doing rides cheers.get out n ride

only 5 years after it was posted! ha

Any road bikers out there?

I was with the Rutland Cycling Club in the late 80's. They were a great road club going out Sundays in two groups one in the morning and one in the afternoon and would all meet up for tea at a cafe somewhere like Blyth or Bakewell.

I still have my road bike and wont be challenging anyone to a hill climb or sprint if you want to meet up for a ride. I think an hour maybe all I can manage at the moment.

Edited by SportsTrophy

a message for blue eagle about mountain biking.i have riden above hope,edale and ladybower before many times on these off road routes.i prefer offroad as i ride around 100 miles a wk to work mainly on roads and trails and thats enough.been to wales twice,cannock and dalby before and wk ends are best for me.contact my email direct and il reply to u cheers

BIKE SHOPS.there are 5 bike shops in sheffield with 2 being at hillsborough and 3 nr city centre.these are langsett cycles ,butterworths,je james,edinbrough bike shop and the bike tree being the latest.i have been to all these and have dislikes of most of em..Butterworths (too small) langsett (never have stock) je james (staff think they are better than you) Edinbrough bike shop (too dear) and bike tree (good shop but wrong side of city for me).most of these seem to be on the compettetive cyclists side instead of the average cyclist which in my opinion is a wider field.they say JUST GET OUT N RIDE but i think they would have more customers if there prices were lower for everyday buyers like most of us out there.just a thought

TIME TO GET THE BIKE OUT.i have been riding on differant off road routes arond edale,ladybower and hope in the last few weeks.i cannot work out why we ardly see many bikers or none at all.this is the time to get out n ride before the trails get really busy later in the year.if you think its still a little too cold for you just wear extra layers, you can always take somat off once youve worked up a bit.so come on everyone after all a bike is for all year not just for summer.just get out n ride

how much room do you need?why is it that when your out biking on trails and you come across walkers that you can never get passed them.i have a trail bell on my bike which id always ring in advance of approaching someone,but they still think they need all the path.i am always polite to walkers/bikers alike saying hello or slowing down on passing.i just wish some people would be polite in return,you never know when you may need someones help.after all good manners are free and smiling exercises more muscles than you realize.