Do you keep reptiles as pets ?

1 Blue tongued skink

1 Caramel corn snake

2 leopard geckos

1 Golden bell tree frog

1 American grey tree frog

2 Fire bellied toads

1 fire bellied newt

Used to have loads of giant african land snails, but the skink ate them all.

(oh, and 2 dogs, but they're not reptillian in the slightest!)

Got my eye on a jungle carpet python too.:thumbsup:

i have two corn snakes they are great good tempered and easy to look after also my girlfriend has a water dragon they are cool to.

ive always wanted a lizzard how much do they cost and are they easy to look after etc

Originally posted by panda79

ive always wanted a lizzard how much do they cost and are they easy to look after etc

Prices range from under £20 up to whatever depending on what it is. Then there's the setup which again varies massively. Some are relatively easy to look after while others are very hard work. Bearded Dragons and Leopard Geckos are popular for people new to reptiles - go and have a word with the staff at the Snake Shop on Attercliffe Road for some info, advice etc and buy a book or two. Then see if it's something you want to get in to :)

i would love another ball python.....if you no where there is 1 up for sale send them my way..................

Originally posted by Hels

I have a realy phobia about snakes (I'm cringing just reading this thread)! I cannot understand why anyone would want one as a pet????

Me too! Yet I'm strangely fascinated by them as well.

How on earth do they manage to move so fast, swim and climb trees with no limbs :confused:

How on earth do they manage to move so fast, swim and climb trees with no limbs :confused:

its all about muscle power.................. snakes are 80% muscle and can use their muscle in ways we can only dream of hehehe.

we have 2 corn snakes and a royal (ball) python which i'm trying to sell if anyones interested go to for sale forum

2* breeding pair Hog Island Boas

3* baby Hog Island Boas

1* Columbian Rainbow Boa

1* Jungle Carpety Python

2* Corn snake

1* Occelated Skink

2* Bearded Dragons

2* Australian Water Dragons

i had a bearded dragon... unfortunately it had to go last week to stay with a friend as unforseen circumstances dictated that i couldnt keep him :(

I used to work with someone who had an Emperor Scorpion as a pet - big bugger it was too

We have a large green rat snake (right nasty bugger too), a lil Chestnut corn snake and we did have a house gecko,which I have to agree with a previous thread was incredibly boring-too small and fast to safely handle (realised this after two dramatic escape attempts) or sleeping under his bark.