MaLadyAsh No More.

Good morning all, I thaught i would start this thread for anyone who has decided to stop smoking using the Niquitin patches. I have seen the thread using the tablets, but you cant get advice or user experience of the product if you arn't using the same product, cos they may have different side affects, so i thaught i would start my own thread seeing as i am using the Niquitin patches. well done to everyone whatever they are using to stop:D

I stopped smoking on the 26th January 2010 at 11.00am, one month less three quarters of an hour ago. I put the first patch on and am still going strong.I have been a smoker since i was 15 years old and now i am 56. I still feel like iv'e lost my best mate at times but glad i have stopped. Iv'e had a couple of glitches but nothing major.

If any of you good people out there need some support, :help: a chat :)or a rant :rant:while you are on the journey to giving up, like i do. Then please come and talk to me :D and anyone else who is on our journey.

One thing i ask is that no one comes here to put down or ridicule smokers. I have a passion against that practice. The two things i hated most was a smoker who had given up, telling me how bad it is for you and that i must stop, or someone who has never smoked in their life telling me how i was ruining their life by my smoking.:suspect:

I stopped smoking for me. I chose the time, and now i am on my journey. Come and join me and we can help eachother.

Well done! Stopping smoking is the best thing you can do for your health, I've been stooped for over a year now and even though I sometimes miss it, I feel much better as a result!

Well done !

Don't let your life be affected by a bit of dried leaf wrapped up in a piece of paper. :mad:

Hi guys thanks for coming to my thread. A year seems a long time down the road spinynorman but i'm determined.

The biggest battle i thaught i would face was coming on the computer, because i would smoke so many cigs while on here, but ive found ive been ok. I still think ok i will have a cig now and then remember, no you dont anymore. and the thaught has gone.

Hi everyone, Its now nearly three months since i stopped smoking, nearly anyway! this past week has been a struggle for me, I'm afraid i have had the occasional cigarette over the easter break.

I am now on the 7mg patches, but i think i will have another week on the 14 mg patches, as i need to get back on track.

I hope everyone else out there is doing well.

Hugs bell xx